Chikugo Bus Tour Jan. 2018 by Fukuoka Now
Chikugo is an area blessed with not only beautiful nature and scenery, but many tasty treats! On this tour we’ll enjoy local wines in Tanushimaru Town and strawberries in...
Dec 21, 2017
Oyster Hut Guide 2017
The coastline of Itoshima is dotted with small fishing ports. At some of these are kakigoya (oyster huts) where Fukuoka locals gather to barbecue fresh oysters and other seafood.
Oct 27, 2017
Mashica, a popular izakaya-style wine bar from Osaka, has chosen Fukuoka for its second shop, and is located just off of Shoninbashi-dori.
Dec 21, 2017
January 2018 Fukuoka Now
This month’s issue is special in more ways than one. For one, there’s an extra 4 pages of contents, it’s the last of the year, and it marks the beginning of Fukuoka Now’s 20th year!
Dec 19, 2017
- Kumamon to Appear on Chinese Rental Bicycles Kumamoto Prefecture announced on Jan. 11 a collaboration with the Chinese bicycle-sharing service called Ofo. The well-established company provides over... More
- Kitakyushu City Selected as a Highly Desirable Place to Live Kitakyushu City topped a survey on the best areas to live in Japan. The results will be featured in the February 2018 edition of... More
- Snowy Conditions Expected to Continue Heavy snow is expected in sections of the country close to the Sea of Japan. Snow is also forecast in western Japan, especially in regions located near... More
- Plans for Construction of Offshore Wind Farm in Kitakyushu Kitakyushu City announced details about the construction work planned for the Hibikinada offshore wind farm. Sections of windmills will be assembled and... More
- Companies Overseas Can Now Use Kumamon’s Image Kumamoto Prefecture made the Kumamon character available for use by overseas companies from Jan. 8. Businesses based outside of... More