Kimiko Iwahashi opened Yukusu to introduce the refined, subtle flavor of Japanese wines to more people.
May 29, 2019
Shina Soba Yacchanchi
The shop opens at 7 am, a rarity in Fukuoka, so its reputation quickly spread. The mainstays are the shina soba (an old name for ramen)...
May 29, 2019
June 2019 Fukuoka Now
Summer is almost here and so are those golden sunsets! Fukuoka’s level of coolness got a bump last month with the opening of...
May 29, 2019
Fukuoka Canada Day 2019
The biggest Canada Day party in Japan is right here in Fukuoka! EVERYONE welcome - you don’t have to be Canadian to party like a Canadian!
May 28, 2019
- ANA Intercontinental Beppu Announces Opening Date The ANA InterContinental Beppu Resort & Spa will open in the Myoban area of Beppu City, Oita Prefecture on August 1. The four-story hotel will be built on a space of 82,000 square meters. Eighty-nine guest rooms, between 62 to 212 square meters, will be decorated using local bamboo products. Private terrace baths will... More
- Kyushu’s First Tokyo 2020 Official Shop Opens inside BIC Camera Tenjin The first Tokyo 2020 Official Shop in Kyushu opened in Tenjin this morning (June 13) on the first floor of BIC Camera Tenjin #1 store. Approximately 600 licensed items including clothing, sports-related accessories, stationery and more will be offered until the Tokyo Olympic Games close at the end of... More
- Pulze Heated Tobacco Makes Global Debut in Fukuoka A new heated tobacco product from a British cigarette maker, Imperial Brands PLC, made its world debut in Fukuoka on May 6. The product, Pulze (¥6,980) heats a nicotine-and-flavored rod IQ (¥460 ~ ¥480) at high temperature without producing any acid or smoke. Pulze is now available at... More
- Kyuden to Purchase Solar Energy from Households at Lower Rate On June 6, Kyushu Electric Power Co. (Kyuden) announced that they will purchase electricity back from households with solar panels at a new rate of ¥7 per kilowatt hour after the existing feed-in tariff (FIT) system for renewable energy comes to an end. The FIT was introduced in... More
- Mayor of Fukuoka and Assemblymen's Salaries made Public Income and assets of Fukuoka City Mayor Soichiro Takashima as well as the assembly members of Fukuoka City were made public on June 7. The report lists savings, real estate, securities and other personal assets of those people along with their income. The assets of the mayor grew by more than... More