March 2019 Fukuoka Now
It’s spring in Fukuoka and fields of bright yellow nanohana are everywhere, and soon the cherry blossoms will bloom too - we have guides to viewing spots for both!
Feb 28, 2019
The Roam Bar
Owner Hiroshi Wada, a master mixologist, offers gorgeous cocktails designed to evoke the hustle and bustle of the big city.
Feb 28, 2019
Fukuoka Sakura and Ohanami Guide 2019
Fukuoka Now has over 20 sakura locations to choose from - check back often for more locations for your ohanami (cherry blossom viewing)!
Feb 28, 2019
Kamakiri Coffee, a purveyor of fine coffee and artisanal bread, recently opened in Yakuin. Owner Douglas Weber, a former Apple engineer...
Feb 1, 2019
- Kumamoto Based Soy Manufacturer Makes Inroads Overseas Hamadaya Shoyu, Inc., an international soy sauce producer based in Kumamoto City marked its 200th anniversary on Mar. 18. Attendees were invited into a renewed brewery house. After being damaged by the Kumamoto Earthquake, the cellar was renovated by internationally known architect Kengo Kuma. In 2016, not long after the disaster, the brewery partnered with... More
- New Shimonoseki-Kitakyushu Road Feasibility Research Begins Pre-research for the construction of a Shimonoseki-Kitakyushu Road was released by the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism on Mar. 19. Minister Keiichi Ishii revealed the proposed plans after meeting the prefectural governors of Fukuoka and Yamaguchi, who expressed support for the idea. The Shimonoseki-Kitakyushu Road will be the third route to connect the islands of... More
- Residential Land in Fukuoka Prefecture Rises for 7th Consecutive Year According to the latest land value report issued by the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism, residential land prices in Fukuoka Prefecture has risen by 2.6% compared to the previous year. The trend was especially evident in the combined metropolitan area of Fukuoka, where residential land prices of all... More
- Nishitetsu and Mitsubishi Corporation Test On-Demand Buses Nishitetsu and Mitsubishi Corporation has established a joint company to test an "on-demand bus" service in Island City, Fukuoka. The bus, which doesn't have a fixed schedule or routes, operates according to passengers’ needs. When users send their current location and destination via a special application, the system will reply with... More
- Nishitetsu to Install Surveillance Cameras on Omuta Line Nishitetsu will install surveillance cameras inside train cars on the Omuta Line from Mar. 23. According to the company, the new project aims to bolster safety by discouraging (as well as providing evidence) of illegal or criminal activities on the trains. Four cameras will... More