October 2018 Fukuoka Now
Fall in Fukuoka not only brings blue skies but also Hakata Akihaku, a two-month long autumn festa with over twenty events taking place within Hakata Ward. Check our website for details in English.
Sep 26, 2018
In business for more than 50 years, Emi Udon is run by Satoru Ichinomiya. Always curious, Ichinomiya makes his trademark thin, flat noodles by hand every day.
Sep 26, 2018
Toriichi specializes in course-style yakitori. It’s counter-only with the owner Ippei Matsunaga stoically standing behind a small binchotan charcoal grill.
Sep 26, 2018
Just 25 km west of Fukuoka City, Itoshima has beautiful beaches, lush green mountains and is famous for flavorful vegetables and fresh seafood. Learn more about Itoshima now!
Jul 24, 2018
- New Cashless Payment System in Kyushu On October 4, an association of 17 companies in Kyushu launched a new campaign to encourage the use of cashless forms of payment in the region. The Kyushu Cashless Tourism Island Promotion Consortium aims to create a more straightforward shopping experience for visitors and ultimately increase... More
- Overseas Travel Agents Visit Kitakyushu City Representatives from Asian travel companies were recently invited to Kitakyushu City in an attempt to increase the number of school excursions and training trips visiting the area from abroad. The city is making renewed efforts to attract tourists in order to capitalize on the establishment of a regular flight path between Kitakyushu Airport and... More
- Hawks Minced Ham to Advance To Final Stage Alfredo Despaigne smashed back-to-back homers, first in the fourth inning then in the bottom of the sixth against right-handed Michael Tonkin, as the SoftBank Hawks clobbered the Nippon Ham Fighters 5-2 last night to advance to the final stage of the Pacific League Climax Series. The Hawks will next play... More
- Large Scale Redevelopment in Tenjin A large scale redevelopment is scheduled to take place in the blocks surrounding Fukuoka Parco and the Shintencho shopping arcade. The construction work will take place over approximately 1.1 hectares of land to the south of Meiji-dori and form part of... More
- Fukuoka City Looking to Increase Worker's Rights for LGBT Community Fukuoka City is looking into the possibility of offering wedding vacation days and nursing leaves to LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender) employees who have entered into a partnership oath with their significant other. Currently, married employees can take five days of... More
Fukuoka City National Strategic Special Zone (2) “Tax Reduction for Startups”
Oct 9, 2018 Now Reports