Fukuoka Strawberry Picking Guide
Strawberry picking is a popular activity in Japan and Fukuoka is famous for its big, sweet strawberries. Now’s the time to go a-picking!
Nov 30, 2018
After honing his chops in Tokyo and France, Kazuma Kawase moved to Fukuoka in 2014 to open Yorgo, where he turns ordinary ingredients into...
Feb 1, 2019
February 2019 Fukuoka Now
In this issue, we guide you to Jojima (near Kurume) where seven closely located breweries throw the sake event of the year!
Feb 1, 2019
- Fukuoka City Budget 2019 Draft Details Released Fukuoka City announced its draft budget for FY 2019 on Feb. 13. The total of ¥866 billion represents an increased compared to previous years, with a significant part allotted to child rearing and support for young people. Approximately ¥7.6 billion of funding will be dedicated to the projects including the nationwide free child care services as well as launches and renovations of facilities such as nurseries and... More
- Automated Towing Trucks At Saga Airport All Nippon Airways (ANA) announced on February 12 plans to trial automated towing tractors in Saga Airport from the end of March. The towing equipment will be used to carry baggage from the terminal's sorting station to the aircraft (a distance of approximately 100 meters). ANA will be using... More
- Fukuoka City Subway Schedule Changes Announced Fukuoka City Subway’s train schedule will be amended from Mar. 16. According to the announcement by Fukuoka City Transportation Bureau, this will be the first major change of the timetable over eight years. Currently, Kuko Subway Line has a load factor of 140% between Akasaka Station and Ohorikoen Station during... More
- Fukuoka Prefecture and Local Taxi Companies Agree to Cooperate for Emergencies Fukuoka Prefecture and four taxi associations in the prefecture established a partnership for transportation in case of disasters and other emergencies. The Taxi Associations of Fukuoka Prefecture, Fukuoka City, Chikuho Area and Chikugo Area agreed to provide emergency transportations such as taking injured people to... More
- Medical Clinic Opens inside Kyushu University Ito Campus The Ito Clinic in Kyushu University's Ito Campus is now open to the university students and other residents of the area. The university opened the clinic on Feb. 1 to make up the insufficiency of medical services in the neighborhood. The clinic is located on the first floor of Center Zone 6 and equipped with x-ray, electrocardiogram, and... More