Fukuoka Nanohana Guide 2019
Just like sakura, nanohana, otherwise known as field mustard, signal the start of spring in Fukuoka! Nanohana season runs from February to April.
Feb 28, 2019
The newly opened Ginmi offers courses of 11 items made from carefully selected ingredients from around Japan.
Feb 28, 2019
Fukuoka Hina Matsuri Guide 2019
Every year, families across Japan celebrate Hina Matsuri, otherwise known as Girls’ Day or Doll’s Day. This traditional festival...
Feb 1, 2019
Yanagawa Hina Festival 2019
In Yanagawa, everyone in town hangs colorful sagemon in their homes and shops for hina matsuri, making for a sight to behold.
Feb 28, 2019
- JR Kyushu Announces Metropolis in the Sky JR Kyushu announced the establishment of a project team to develop a new "metropolis in the sky" above JR Hakata Station. Company president Toshihiko Aoyagi announced the concept for the new project at a press conference on Mar. 19, while explaining the company's mid-term plan for 2019-2021. With the extension of... More
- New Camping Site Opens at Gokayama Dam, Nakagawa City A new camping site Gokayama Cross opened on the lakeside of the Gokayama Dam in Nakagawa City. The park, accessible both from the Fukuoka and Saga prefectures, has the concept of "people gathering and mingling in an environment where water and green harmonize." The park consists of four... More
- Kumamoto Based Soy Manufacturer Makes Inroads Overseas Hamadaya Shoyu, Inc., an international soy sauce producer based in Kumamoto City marked its 200th anniversary on Mar. 18. Attendees were invited into a renewed brewery house. After being damaged by the Kumamoto Earthquake, the cellar was renovated by internationally known architect Kengo Kuma. In 2016, not long after the disaster, the brewery partnered with... More
- New Shimonoseki-Kitakyushu Road Feasibility Research Begins Pre-research for the construction of a Shimonoseki-Kitakyushu Road was released by the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism on Mar. 19. Minister Keiichi Ishii revealed the proposed plans after meeting the prefectural governors of Fukuoka and Yamaguchi, who expressed support for the idea. The Shimonoseki-Kitakyushu Road will be the third route to connect the islands of... More
- Residential Land in Fukuoka Prefecture Rises for 7th Consecutive Year According to the latest land value report issued by the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism, residential land prices in Fukuoka Prefecture has risen by 2.6% compared to the previous year. The trend was especially evident in the combined metropolitan area of Fukuoka, where residential land prices of all... More