Hakata Tantanmen Toriden – Fukuoka Parco
Toriden, the famous mizutaki (chicken hot pot) purveyor, has forayed into the tantanmen business after the rave reviews generated by the tantanmen lunch at its Yakuin shop.
Dec 21, 2017
Kurume Kasuri Discovery Tour 2018
Join us for a special tour behind the scenes at Kurume kasuri artisan workshops. This full-day tour includes a delicious Japanese lunch and a chance to design and dye your own bandana, and more.
Dec 21, 2017
January 2018 Fukuoka Now
This month’s issue is special in more ways than one. For one, there’s an extra 4 pages of contents, it’s the last of the year, and it marks the beginning of Fukuoka Now’s 20th year!
Dec 19, 2017
On Dec. 1, a chic Japanese cafe opened on the first floor of a new condo tower next to Akasaka Station on Meiji-dori Ave. Step into the cozy modern interior to enjoy...
Dec 20, 2017
- Extension to the Hakata Bypass to Open in March 2018 The Fukuoka National Highway Office under the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transportation announced on Jan. 12 plans to extend the Hakata Bypass. Six lanes stretching across... More
- Kumamon to Appear on Chinese Rental Bicycles Kumamoto Prefecture announced on Jan. 11 a collaboration with the Chinese bicycle-sharing service called Ofo. The well-established company provides over... More
- Kitakyushu City Selected as a Highly Desirable Place to Live Kitakyushu City topped a survey on the best areas to live in Japan. The results will be featured in the February 2018 edition of... More
- Snowy Conditions Expected to Continue Heavy snow is expected in sections of the country close to the Sea of Japan. Snow is also forecast in western Japan, especially in regions located near... More
- Plans for Construction of Offshore Wind Farm in Kitakyushu Kitakyushu City announced details about the construction work planned for the Hibikinada offshore wind farm. Sections of windmills will be assembled and... More