Christmas Market 2018
Stalls will sell delicious mulled wine, hot chocolate, festive foods, and traditional Christmas decorations. And it’s not only eating, drinking and shopping – there’s lots of live entertainment too.
Nov 27, 2018
December 2018 Fukuoka Now
The Beatles’ lyrics “It was twenty years ago today…” comes to mind as this month marks the twentieth year of publication of Fukuoka Now magazine!
Nov 28, 2018
Buy Me Stand
Buy Me Stand, a grilled sandwich shop started by the hip Shibuya fashion brand Son of the Cheese, opened inside Ropponmatsu 421 last September.
Nov 28, 2018
Music and film buffs love Petrol Blue, a tiny bar hidden among the jumble of hair salons and select shops in Daimyo.
Nov 28, 2018
- Fukuoka Propose Extending Startup Visa From Six to Twelve Months At a meeting of national strategic special zones Fukuoka City proposed to extend the term for the “Startup Visa (Entrepreneurial Incentives for Foreigners)” from the current six months to a year. Fukuoka City introduced the Startup Visa as one of the strategic special zone initiatives to attract overseas entrepreneurs. Comparing to acquiring... More
- Hakata Waterfront Redevelopment Announced Fukuoka City is planning a redevelopment of Hakata Port’s waterfront district. The ¥40 billion budget will include construction of a new terminal building with a gross floor area of 13,000 sq m. The capacity of the immigration booths will be doubled to handle... More
- Fukuoka Governor Hiroshi Ogawa to Seek Reelection Governor of Fukuoka Prefecture Hiroshi Ogawa announced his attention to run for a third term in next springs' election. Ogawa is expected to officially announce his intention during the prefecture's December assembly ahead of any other candidates. The Fukuoka-born governor first won the election in 2011 with... More
- Tenjin Big Bang Project Update It was announced that the first offices to open as part of the Tenjin Big Bang redevelopment project would be completed towards the end of September 2021. Construction work on the building, which has been tentatively named the Tenjin Business Center, will start in January next year. The 19-story facility will include... More
- Nakagawa City Takes Steps to Attract Entrepreneurs Nakagawa City is set to establish a new ordinance for attracting entrepreneurs. Taking the chance of its promotion to a city, the local government intends to accelerate the economy by subsidizing companies from in and outside the city according to the number of investments and number of... More
Kanji Day By Day: A Calendar And Cultural Experience From Here To The Olympics
Dec 5, 2018 Now Reports