Just 25 km west of Fukuoka City, Itoshima has beautiful beaches, lush green mountains and is famous for flavorful vegetables and fresh seafood. Learn more about Itoshima now!
Jul 24, 2018
This July, Las Vegas, a new gyoza restaurant, hung out its shingle in the gyoza mecca of Fukuoka.
Aug 28, 2018
With a menu of small dishes, local sake and Kyushu shochu, Neo Megusta makes for a good first (or second? or third?) stop on a Fukuoka-style pub crawl.
Aug 28, 2018
Family Friendly Spots in Fukuoka
Check out our favorite family friendly spots with some tips and guide on things to do, children’s activities and child-friendly services.
Jul 24, 2018
- Italy Head Coach Visits Fukuoka Representatives of the Italian national rugby union team visited Fukuoka on September 16 in preparation for the 2019 Rugby World Cup. A small delegation, which included Italy's head coach Connor O'Shea, stopped by the Level5 Stadium in Hakata to inspect the facilities. Italy will play... More
- Kagoshima Yellowtail to be Exported to China A company spearheaded by the Kyushu Economic Federation (Kyukeiren) began exporting Kagoshima-farmed buri (yellowtail) to Shandong Province, China on September 11. This represents the first time that the Kyushu Agricultural and Marine Products Company has exported goods to mainland China. The company, which was established in 2015, has been exporting local agricultural produce, such as... More
- Small-scale Satellite Built in Kyushu A small-scale Earth observation satellite called Tenko has been built in Kyushu. Kyushu Institute of Technology graduate school professor Keiichi Okuyama led the project, which started last July. Four companies based in Oita Prefecture, including Eto Manufacturing (Oita), Nishijima Seiki (Saiki), Denken (Yufu), and... More
- Annual Ohori Fireworks Event to be Discontinued Nishi Nippon Shimbun announced on September 14 that the Ohori Fireworks Festival will no longer take place due to safety concerns. The organizers spent time reviewing this year's display before expressing their regret at the decision. A record high of 420 people worked as security guards and guides at the 2018 event. However... More
- Kumamoto Students on Cyber Patrol Student volunteers in Kumamoto Prefecture carried out a thorough online check following the earthquake that hit Hokkaido to ensure that hoax news stories about the disaster were not circulating on the internet. The group which is called “KC3” aims to prevent cyber crime and is made up of students from four schools inside the prefecture, including... More