A series of films covering major trends in French cinema will be screened this month to celebrate the 25th French Film Festival in Japan. The French Institute of Kyushu (Institut Français du Japon-Kyushu) is co-hosting the event with Love FM. The festival will also pay homage to actress Catherine Deneuve by screening her 1969 classic “La Sirene du Mississipi” (Mississippi Mermaid), as well as her 2015 drama “La Tête Haute” (Standing Tall). There will also be a talk and special guest appearance from actress Lou de Laâge, whose 2014 César nominated film “Respire” (Breathe) will be screened on the last day of the event.
• 6/23 (Fri.) ~ 6/25 (Sun.)
• 6/25 (Sun.) 19:00 ~ 21:00: Closing Party: adv. ¥1,500 / door ¥2,000
• General: adv. ¥1,200 / door ¥1,500, Club France Members/students/seniors: ¥1,000
• Nishitetsu Hall
• 6F Solaria Stage, 2-11-3 Tenjin, Chuo-ku, Fukuoka
• 092-712-0904 (Institut Français du Japon-Kyushu)