Students from Kyushu Sangyo University spent nine months making some of Hakata’s unique traditional crafts including the famous Hakata-goma (top), Hakata-hariko (paper-mache), and Hakata-magemono (lunch box made of thin layers of wood, also known as magewappa). All items are available for viewing so come on down to learn how these locally made crafts are created.
• 3/16 (Thurs.) ~ 3/21 (Tue.)
• 10:00~18:00 (Last Entry: 17:30) (3/21: ~17:00 (Last Entry: 16:30))
• Free entry
• Hakata Traditional Craft Center
• 6-1 Kamikawabata-machi, Hakata-ku
• 092-409-5450 (Hakata Traditional Craft Center)