To celebrate the 150th anniversary of the start of diplomatic relations between Japan and Italy the Fukuoka City Museum will hold an event showcasing the art of Pompei. The remains of Pompei were originally found in the 18th century but it wasn’t until 1997 that the location was labeled as a World Heritage site. Now over two million people visit Pompei each year. The main focus of the exhibit will be the popular murals that were painted with the unforgettably unique color ‘Pompei red’. There will be over 80 pieces on display that showcase the beauty of ancient Pompei.
☆☆ Fukuoka Now has a pair of tickets to giveaway. To enter please fill out this form: bit.ly/fn-giveaway by 13:30 on 4/10. Good Luck! ☆☆
• 4/15 (Sat.) ~ 6/18 (Sun.) (Closed: Mon.)
• 9:30~17:30 (last entry: ~17:00)
• Adult: ¥1,500 (Adv. ¥1,300), HS and Uni.: ¥800 (¥600), ES and MS: ¥500 (¥300)
• Fukuoka City Museum
• 3-1-1 Momochihama, Sawara-ku
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pompei.fuk/