Using the latest technology, art collective Team Lab will bring nature and the city to life through outdoor interactive displays. “Animals of Flowers, Symbiotic Lives in the Stone Wall”, is one part in which images of animals are created from colorful flowers projected onto the 8.5 m high stone walls of the castle ruins. Visitors are welcome to walk up to the walls and touch the animals. They can also see the colors change and watch the petals fall gradually until the images of the animals vanish. In another installation entitled “Resisting and Resonating Ovoids and Trees”, egg-shaped objects will be set up amongst the trees near the castle ruins. As people pass by they will change colors and omit sounds if touched. And that’s not all, there will be more to explore and interact with, so don’t miss this beautiful and creative event at one of Fukuoka’s most historic landmarks.
• 12/1 (Fri.) ~ 1/28/2018 (Sun.)
• 18:00~22:00 (last entry 21:30)
• Adv.: adult ¥800, JHS & HS ¥500, 4 y.o. ~ 12 y.o. ¥200 (tickets available at Ticket Pia, E-Plus and Lawson Ticket) / Door: adult ¥1,000, JHS & HS ¥600, 4 y.o. ~ 12 y.o. ¥300
• Special ticket: two for ¥1,000 (for use from 12/1 (Fri.) ~ 12/14 (Thu.), on sale until 11/30 (Thu.) at 7-11 stores)
• Fukuoka Castle, Maizuru Park
• Jonai, Chuo-ku, Fukuoka
• 092-711-5513 (Nishi-Nippon Shimbun)