The Hakata Ningyo (Doll) Traditional Craft Society was established in 1983 and currently has 40 members. The group is recognized for their continued efforts to protect highly skilled crafts, and this exhibition gives the public a chance to view around 60 of their creations up close. The organizers will also be hosting a workshop where visitors can try their hand at decorating these fabulously intricate ceramic pieces of art!
• 08/07 (Mon.) ~ 08/13 (Sun.)
• 10:00~18:00 (first day: 12:00~18:00, final day: ~16:00)
• Exhibition: Free
• Workshop: ¥600 (animals from the Chinese zodiac), ¥1,000 (dolls)
• 2F Takumi Gallery, ACROS Fukuoka Foundation
• 1-1-1 Tenjin, Chuo-ku, Fukuoka