The beer garden at the rooftop of Fukuoka Building, “Fukubiru Shibafu Beer Garden” is one of the city’s longest-standing beer gardens. And on May 18, Fukuoka Now Staff got the chance the attend their pre-opening event! Grill your own meat – take as much as you can! – and mix your own drinks, all for an unlimited amount of time. It’s almost like being in your own place, except the best part is everything is already laid out for you (and you don’t have to do the dishes, either!). Definitely perfect for relaxing and shooting the breeze with family and friends after a hard day’s work during the weekdays, or for having laid-back weekends.
Wearing an apron is a must to keep your clothes clean while grilling meat!
We didn’t waste time getting much food from the buffet as we can!
They also have nagashi somen (somen noodles caught with chopsticks as they slide in running water), perfect for summer!
While most of the food is buffet style, helpful staff will kindly cook your yakiudon for you.
It’s not all meat – fresh salad is also available.
…But we couldn’t help but go back and get more meat…
Each table has its own grill for “Genghis Khan” Mongolian style barbecue. Grill away to your heart’s content!
So many wines to choose from. We went with rosé!
You definitely don’t have to worry about glasses running out.
Mix your own cocktail with these choices.
Desserts are also all-you-can-eat. Whip up your own and enjoy!
Fukubiru Shibafu Beer Garden
• 5/19 (Fri.) ~ 9/30 (Sat.)
• 17:30~22:00 (L.O.: 21:30)
• Closed: Sun., & Hol. (open during Jul. & Aug. Hol.)
• Adult ¥3,900 / HS & JHS ¥2,000 / ES ¥1,000 (under ES: Free) (Adv. ¥3,700) (Adult ¥3,700 when you show your e-money card, e.g. Nimoca)
• All you can eat and drink (*no time limit)
• Drinks: beer (Asahi, Kirin, Sapporo, Suntory), high ball, chuhai, around 100 kinds of wines and more
• 500 seats
• Fukuoka Building Rooftop
• Fukuoka Building, 1-11-17 Tenjin, Chuo-ku
• 092-726-8000 (for reservations, 13:00 ~ 21:00, excl. closed days)
Do you like beer gardens? Check out our annual Fukuoka Now Beer Garden Guide, in which we give you a rundown of Fukuoka’s best beer gardens to start your summer.