A special dinosaur exhibition is currently on display at the Fukuoka City Science Museum. A great deal of groundbreaking research into dinosaurs has been carried out in recent years. This exhibition not only explores the now widely accepted link between dinosaurs and birds, but also reveals newly discovered facts about these reptilian creatures that are not yet common knowledge. The latest research into dinosaurs’ soft tissue, bones, teeth, and brains has revealed staggering new details about their biological make-up. Visitors will get the chance to encounter dinosaur replicas, skeletal specimens, scientific models, and even robots! Make sure to check out the new museum, which only opened in its new Ropponmatsu location last September.
• An impressive sight to behold: a 10 meter long full-body skeleton of an Acrocanthusaurus
A dinosaur known for its lizard-like vertebrae and high raised back bone, the Acrocanthusaurus inhabited the Americas 100 million years ago. This exhibit gives you the chance to experience the size of one of the largest carnivorous dinosaurs to exist.
• Easy to understand exhibits, including full-body skeletons and a display of dinosaur skulls
Explore detailed images and reconstructed skeletons! Don’t miss the chance to touch dinosaur fossils, such as their teeth and bones! You’re sure to be impressed by the sheer size of the fossils and the rugged quality of their skin!
• Feed a dinosaur!
A robotic version of the long-necked herbivore Brachiosaurus, which blinks when you feed it a leaf, is super cute!
A wide selection of dinosaur-related merchandise is also available inside the venue. Keep an eye out for cool kitchen utensils, including a device that turns boiled eggs into dinosaur faces, and backpacks that feature awesome dinosaur designs!
Special Kyoryu Dinosaur Exhibition: Bringing Dinosaurs Back to Life
• 3/17 (Sat.) ~ 5/13 (Sun.)
• 9:30~18:00 (last entry: 17:30)
• Closed: Tue. (but open on 3/27, 4/3, and 5/1)
• Adv.: adult ¥1,000, HS ¥700, 4 y.o. and above ¥500, door: adult ¥1,200, HS ¥900, 4 y.o. and above ¥700 (*Advanced price also applies to group bookings of 30 people or more.)
• 3F Exhibition Room, Fukuoka City Science Museum
• Ropponmatsu 421, 4-2-1 Ropponmatsu, Chuo-ku