Located on the chic and shady Keyaki-dori avenue, & Locals brings the cuisine and culture of Japan’s rural areas to the city.
May 28, 2018
Guide to Kitakyushu, Shimonoseki and the Kanmon Straits
The Kanmon Straits. This narrow strip of water is all that separates the islands of Honshu and Kyushu...
Jun 11, 2018
June 2018 Fukuoka Now
We enjoyed fine weather in Fukuoka this spring, but now it’s time to welcome in the summer season - check out our guides!
May 28, 2018
Fukuoka Firefly Watching Guide 2018
It’s the start of firefly viewing season in Kyushu, so we’ve rounded up some of the best local hotaru festivals!
May 25, 2018
- Kyushu Financial Group Signs Agreement with MOE Two of Kyushu Financial Group's subsidiaries (Higo Bank, Ltd. and Kagoshima Bank) signed an agreement called the National Park Official Partnership with the Ministry of the Environment. The agreement aims to increase tourism at the Aso Kuju and Kirishima-Yaku National... More
- Huis Ten Bosch to Open Jurassic Island Attraction Huis Ten Bosch is ready to open a new attraction called Jurassic Island on an uninhabited island in Omura Bay, where visitors can come face-to-face with carnivorous dinosaurs in a unique augmented reality (AR) shooting game. They can also take part in a walking tour of... More
- Canal City Hakata’s Coca-Cola Billboard Renovated The Coca-Cola billboard that sits on top of Canal City Hakata has been renovated for the first time since its initial construction 19 years ago. The sign faces towards the Naka River and is seen as a mainstay of the Hakata night view. The board's lights were... More
- Saga Develops New Type of Strawberry Saga Prefecture has revealed plans to introduce a new variety of strawberry to the market this winter. The prefectural assembly made the announcement on June 14th. The fruit has taken seven years to develop and is seen as a successor to the popular Sagahonoka strawberry. The new variety, which will be shipped out to... More
- Daimaru Fukuoka Tenjin to Undergo Renovation Daimaru Fukuoka Tenjin is planning to undertake a multi-billion yen renovation, which will start in 2019 and last for three years. The refurbishment will focus on the women's fashion section of the department store. A special project called... More