Jun 15, 2020
Fukuoka Now Mail Magazine - FREE!
Did you know we publish a weekly email newsletter with a list of news topics and reports in English about Fukuoka and Kyushu? Stay subscribed to The Now! and you’ll never miss a beat - it's free!
Jul 31, 2020
Boss E•ZO Fukuoka – Opening Report
Boss E•ZO Fukuoka, an “exciting entertainment zone,” opened on July 21, 2020 and Fukuoka Now was invited to report on it a few days in advance. The biggest draw is...
Jun 29, 2020
Enjoy Sunset This Fall in Seaside Momochi
Just a three-minute walk from Galleria lies the perfect spot to take a photo at sunset...
Jul 21, 2020
Handa Sukajan – Japanese Souvenir Jackets – Fukuoka
The only problem with choosing a souvenir from Japan is there are just too many to choose from! Sure they all look great while you’re in Japan, but what about after you’re back home? How comfortable are you going to be...
- Fukuoka Prefecture Mandates Bicycle Insurance From Oct. 1 As the region has experienced a series of court rulings ordering payments of more than ¥50 million compensation over cycling accidents, it aims to raise the usage rate of liability insurance. Research by AU Insurance Co., Ltd. showed... More
- Tokyo 2020 Torch Relay Coming to Fukuoka in May On Sep. 28, the prefecture rekindled the countdown as the organizing committee announced revised details for the delayed torch relay. The torch would begin its Kyushu journey from Oita (Apr. 23~24,) travel through... More
- Fukuoka Prefecture Opens Offices in New York and Los Angeles Fukuoka Prefecture announced the opening of offices in New York City and Los Angeles. Reflecting upon the tightened immigration regulations in the U.S., the prefecture decided to close its San Francisco office and... More
- Fukuoka City Waives Company Registration Fee To Encourage Startups Fukuoka City continues to support new startups by waiving company registration fees. The city has received an increasing number of inquiries about launching new businesses between April and August 2020; it aims to... More
- Attack of Titan in Hita Game Features Hita City The GPS-based smartphone game “Attack of Titan in Hita” was released on September 13. The application allows players to embark on an actual quest around Hita City (Oita,) the hometown to the author of the manga “Attack of Titan,” and More
KUIC 2020 Online Event “Improving Business Profitability through Foreign Language Skills”
Sep 25, 2020 Events