Our company is seeking Assistant Language Teachers (ALTs) for elementary and junior high school positions in Kurume city, Fukuoka Prefecture.
The details are as follows:
ALTs work in public elementary schools (ES) and junior high schools (JHS), teaching alongside Japanese teachers. ALTs will not only teach lessons, but also plan activities, make materials, and assist the school with other tasks as requested. Ideal ALT candidates are flexible with their teaching style and are motivated to make a positive impact on the lives of their students.
● Location: ES or JHS in Kurume City, Fukuoka
● Contract Period: April 1st, 2021 to March 31st ,2022 (12 months)
● Contract Type: Full-time
※ES: 180 working days[190 days in total including extra days]
※JHS: 185 working days[190 days in total including extra days]
※depends on the specific school schedule
● Level: Elementary and junior high schools
● Working Hours:
① 8:30 am to 3:30 pm
② 9:30 am to 4:30 pm
※exact time will depend on the specific school request
※actual working time: 5 hours 45 minutes + 75 minutes break time
● Salary Range: 12,420 yen per day.
● Transportation fee: Fully covered
After the interview, we will assign the school and transportation method most suitable for you.
Our company’s Japanese staff are available to assist with any issues that may arise.
The opportunity to develop your existing skills and become a highly-valued and experienced teacher.
● Visa assistance (where applicable)
● Work regular school hours and enjoy your evenings, weekends and national holidays, plus school vacation periods.[※Except when there are classes on holidays]
● ALTs will also be provided a calendar to help manage their other commitments.
Successful candidates must:
● Already be living in Japan and hold a valid visa permitting work
● Be a native speaker of English or equivalent (12 years of education where the main language of instruction was in English)
● Have a Bachelor’s degree or higher
● Have conversational level Japanese & be able to communicate with teachers
● Have good communication skills and patience
● Be able to commit to the entire length of the contract (until March 2022)
●Note: Among the schools there is a special school that will conduct Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL). The ALT assigned to this school will instruct lessons that combine another school subject/theme through English as a foreign language.
Are You Ready? Apply Now!
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, we are accepting applications now! We will conduct interviews through Skype or ZOOM.
We’re waiting to hear from you, so please apply now! Thank you for your interest in working with us.
*Please note that as we receive a high number of applicants, only those who pass the initial screening stage will be contacted for an interview.