CURIOO Japan is looking for teachers for our studios in Fukuoka City, located in Momochihama, Kashii-Teriha (Island City), and Takamiya.
We are an international team with a mix of Japanese and foreign teachers working in each of our studios. Currently, we are looking to fill positions for teachers who are taking maternity leave, transferring to other divisions of the company, and to accommodate our rapidly growing student population.
CURIOOkids is an Entrepreneur, Creative Design, Technology and English Communication training provider educating future leaders and creatives with learning studios in 20 countries.
We opened our first studio in Fukuoka City in May 2022, with the support of the Fukuoka City Government, and they have introduced us on their website:
Please see our website as well for more program details: https://www.curioo.co.jp/en/
CURIOO Japan will be expanding rapidly over the coming years so opportunities to work in other parts of Japan will become available. As well as professional development pathways within CURIOO Japan and CURIOO global.
Successful Applicant will:
● be fluent in English (TOEIC: 750 or higher)
● be able to communicate with students in Japanese (JLPT: N3 or higher)
● have a university degree (preferably with an Education focus)
● have 2-3 years of experience teaching children
● have an English Teaching Certificate (TEFL / CELTA, or equivalent)
● have a valid visa to work in Japan (part-time) / full time positions are eligible for Visa sponsorship
● have a genuine personal and professional interest in education for children
Full time teacher position
Teachers work five days a week teaching groups of up to eight children, ranging from kindergarten to elementary school age. Working hours are between 11:00 and 20:00 or 12:00 and 21:00 weekdays, depending on the schedule, and Saturdays 9:00 to 18:00. Participation in school events is expected and is scheduled in advance.
● Salary: ¥2.5~ ¥3.36 million / year
● Benefits include a transport stipend, social insurance benefits, and paid holidays in accordance with labor standards
● Renewable contract; potential for raises; professional growth and development opportunities
Part-time teacher position
Teachers work a select number of days per week for 4.5 hours between 14:30–20:30 weekdays and between 9:00 and 18:00 on Saturdays. In addition to 3 hours of lessons per day, lesson preparation time and administration time are also paid.
● Wage: ¥2,000–¥2,800/hr
● Transportation reimbursed
● A training period of up to 20 hours is paid at ¥1,200/hr
Send your cover letter and resume in PDF format to: Cheryl.Oldham@curioo.co.jp
Selected applicants will be contacted by email or telephone. An initial interview will be conducted on Zoom, followed by a studio visit.
Thank you. We are excited to hear from you!