We are seeking an exceptional, bright, and talented individual to join our experienced team of English teachers. If you are experienced in teaching English to all ages but have a particular aptitude for teaching younger children, we would love for you to apply.
If you are new to teaching and have an exceptional background, enthusiasm, and willingness to learn, we would be happy to train you and share the knowledge and resources that we have to help you develop into an effective and successful English teacher.
We will consider all nationalities, however, you will need to possess the written and spoken communication abilities of an educated native speaker who was raised in a country where English is used natively.
The current position available is at our Yakuin school on Saturdays. There are usually at least 3 hours of classes, usually grouped compactly, between the hours of 10:00 am and 5:30 pm. Further shifts may become available as new teaching days open, so please do not hesitate to submit your resume for future reference.
– up-to-date teaching materials and curricula for learners aged 2 to 80 years
– modern environment and classrooms with large whiteboards and teaching aid such as mini-whiteboards, sucker balls, etc.
– a good resource library, flashcards, AGO cards, and hundreds of games
– lesson plans (these are provided, but teacher creativity and autonomy are strongly encouraged)
– days-off: we are happy to help and are FLEXIBLE!
– use of school WiFi, available during free time
– ¥2,800/hr starting rate, potentially more for demonstrable ability, skills, and qualifications
– PAID training (¥1,000/hour)
– a minimum 2-hour attendance payment
– 50% rate paid for on-the-day cancellations
– public transportation costs paid (subject to 4-hours on site, exceptions can be made)
– some smaller additional BONUS payments
In common with other English schools in Japan, a large proportion of our student body comprises younger learners in the 3 to 14 age range, so applicants do need to enjoy teaching students in this age group. Recognised language teaching certifications(CELTA/TESOL/TEFL) will be an advantage, as will experience in teaching tests such as Eiken, TOEIC, IELTS, and TOEFL. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, however, we can provide the necessary supporting documentation for those working with multiple employers.
The teaching leaving is flexible with their departure dates, so the position is now open(from September 18th for training and handover).
To apply, please send your C.V. detailing your work experience, visa status, nationality, age, and bearing a recent photograph, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that selected applicants will be given a pre-interview task and that questions from this paper may be set as written questions during the on-site face-to-face interview.
For more information about Shane English School Kyushu, please check out our websites at: