Two to three times a week, fish is trucked in from Karatsu (Saga Pref.) and immediately prepped to maintain its freshness and flavor. Some become the main dish for the evening, but others are left to stand a few days. Each meal combines a range of dishes, painstakingly prepared from high quality fish and produce from all around Kyushu. The shop is also in charge of preparing dinners for the luxury train Seven Stars in Kyushu. The menu is “chef’s choice,” but substitutions can be made if you have particular dislikes or allergies. Try some of the best food Fukuoka has to offer, with impeccable service to boot.
• Access: 5-minute walk from Akasaka Subway Sta.
• Seats: 24
• Foreign language menus: English
• Cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard. Amex, Diners
• BYOB: No
• No smoking (ashtrays outside)
• Lunch budget: ¥5,000~ (excl. drinks)
• Dinner budget ¥13,000~ (excl. drinks)
• Table charge: 10%
• WiFi: Available
Details accurate at time of publishing, but subject to change. First published in April, 2017.