Hakata Amano is the sister shop of Amano, a traditional high-end Japanese restaurant that’s been in Nakasu for 50 years. The restaurant serves set meals made with high-quality locally grown, locally caught ingredients. About 10 sets are available from 7:30 in the morning for as little as ¥600. Sets include sashimi (¥980) and salted mackerel (¥800), and each comes with refillable rice and miso soup. At night, you can try the luxurious night set (¥1,980), the goma saba (mackerel w/ sesame) (¥1,200), or choose items a la carte to accompany a Fukuoka sake taster (¥1,200).
• Access: Direct connection from JR Hakata Sta.
• Seats: 22
• Foreign language menus: English, Korean, Chinese
• Cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, UnionPay
• BYOB: No
• Smoking permitted after 15:00
• Lunch budget: ¥700~
• Dinner budget: ¥2,500~
• Table charge: None (*Note: A ¥300 starter will be served if you order alcohol)
• WiFi: Available
Details accurate at time of publishing, but subject to change. First published in April, 2017.