Choju Giga (Frolicking Animals), the national treasure held at Kosan-ji Temple in Toganoo, Kyoto, is one of the most famous and cherished artworks in Japan. The appeal of this picture scroll is, of course, the lovable nature of the theme. Young and old, everyone breaks into smiles at the sight of the adorable figures of animals hustling and bustling about the scenes on the picture scroll. The exhibition introduces Japanese art on the themes of humor, simplicity of expression, and animal motifs, all of which underpin the appeal of Choju Giga.
*Some exhibits will be changed between the first and second terms (first term: 9/3~9/25, second term: 9/27~10/16).
• 9/3 (Sat.) ~ 10/16 (Sun.)
• 9:30~17:30 (open until 20:00 on Fridays and Saturdays, admission until 30 minutes before closing)
• Closed: Mon. (if Monday is a hol., the next weekday)
• ¥1,800, HS & College student ¥1,200, JHS & ES ¥800 *Sat, Sun, and hol. require the purchase of a ticket for a specific date and time on the official website.
• Fukuoka Art Museum
• 1-6 Ohori Park, Chuo-ku, Fukuoka