Fukuoka Autumn Leaves Guide 2018
The best time to view koyo in Fukuoka is a little late this year. Fukuoka Now has selected some of the best spots near Fukuoka – complete with links to useful weather resources, photographs, maps, and...
Oct 27, 2017
November 2018 Fukuoka Now
Autumn is an especially good time to enjoy food in Japan and this issue has heaps of foodie info to sink your teeth into!
Oct 29, 2018
Chai Tea Heron
Located on the first floor of an old apartment building, Chai Tea Heron specializes in the spiced milk tea called chai.
Oct 29, 2018
On the 10th floor of Kitte Hakata is a laid-back soba restaurant called Hanagen Honzenan. The noodles are carefully crafted every morning from...
Oct 29, 2018
- Fukuoka City Population Grows Including a Large Percentage of Non-Japanese Fukuoka City recently announced that the population of the city surpassed 1.58 million for the first time as of November 1, 2018 as the city has continues to experience population growth. During October, the population increased by 2,077 including... More
- Toyota Motor Kyushu Reports Record Sales Toyota Motor Kyushu, Inc. announced on Nov. 12 that the company registered record sales between April to September in 2018. Thanks to the high popularity of SUV cars, their NX and RX series sold well both in Asia and North America. 195,500 cars (23% increase from the previous year) had... More
- Royal Host to Discontinue Use of Plastic Straws Royal Holdings Co., Ltd. (Fukuoka City) will eliminate single-use plastic straws from its six-brand restaurants across Japan by 2020 to reduce environmental plastic pollution. The move will start at its nine restaurants in Tokyo in November 2018 and will be expanded to those in Kyushu as well from April 2019. Plastic straws will... More
- Sugomon Pass From JR Kyushu For Overseas Visitors A new transportation IC card named Sugomon Pass will debut from JR Kyushu on Nov. 19. The 2,000 limited edition cards are designed for and can be purchased only by visitors from abroad who stay in Japan for 90 days or less. In addition to paying transportation fees and buying products similarly to current Sugoca IC cards, users can... More
- Kyushu Condominium Sales Register Decrease Sales of apartments in Kyushu area between January and June 2018 decreased by 1.5% compared to the same period of the previous year. Land prices and construction costs have increased over the past years and are considered a hurdle to potential buyers. More
Fukuoka City National Strategic Special Zone (3) “Financial Aid for Renting Residential and Office Spaces”
Nov 5, 2018 Now Reports