Ensa specializes in a unique combination of Japanese sweets and liquor. Owners Nobuaki and Chika Yamashita serve up a delicious...
Feb 1, 2019
Just 25 km west of Fukuoka City, Itoshima has beautiful beaches, lush green mountains and is famous for flavorful vegetables and fresh seafood. Learn more about Itoshima now!
Feb 1, 2019
Fukuoka Ume Guide 2019
Before sakura (cherry blossom) season is ume (plum blossom) season. Here are 25 spots in and around Fukuoka for ume viewing!
Feb 1, 2019
- Fukuoka City to Protect Citizens From Wild Boars Fukuoka City announced the creation of a new section-chief position from April 1, 2019 to reduce the number of wild boar attacks on residents. The department head will be charged with inspecting the natural habitats of wild boars in the surrounding area and will work with hunting associations to capture any that pose a threat. Although the amount of damage... More
- Fukuoka City Budget 2019 Draft Details Released Fukuoka City announced its draft budget for FY 2019 on Feb. 13. The total of ¥866 billion represents an increased compared to previous years, with a significant part allotted to child rearing and support for young people. Approximately ¥7.6 billion of funding will be dedicated to the projects including the nationwide free child care services as well as launches and renovations of facilities such as nurseries and... More
- Automated Towing Trucks At Saga Airport All Nippon Airways (ANA) announced on February 12 plans to trial automated towing tractors in Saga Airport from the end of March. The towing equipment will be used to carry baggage from the terminal's sorting station to the aircraft (a distance of approximately 100 meters). ANA will be using... More
- Fukuoka City Subway Schedule Changes Announced Fukuoka City Subway’s train schedule will be amended from Mar. 16. According to the announcement by Fukuoka City Transportation Bureau, this will be the first major change of the timetable over eight years. Currently, Kuko Subway Line has a load factor of 140% between Akasaka Station and Ohorikoen Station during... More
- Fukuoka Prefecture and Local Taxi Companies Agree to Cooperate for Emergencies Fukuoka Prefecture and four taxi associations in the prefecture established a partnership for transportation in case of disasters and other emergencies. The Taxi Associations of Fukuoka Prefecture, Fukuoka City, Chikuho Area and Chikugo Area agreed to provide emergency transportations such as taking injured people to... More