Jun 29, 2020
Fukuoka City Museum and Fukuoka Public Library
The four bronze statues in front of the museum and library were sculpted by...
Jul 3, 2020
Fukuoka Beach Guide 2019
It’s summertime, and the livin’ is easy in Fukuoka! Clear your schedule and hit the beach for some sun, sand and waves.
May 12, 2020
Kurume Kasuri – Old Becomes New!
Textiles are an integral part of Japanese history and culture. From ancient times, people have learned to spin yarn out of...
- Hakata Doll Hakata no Matsuri Exhibition The third edition of Hakata no Matsuri Exhibition is currently being held at Hakata Traditional Craft and Design Museum, featuring forty-six Hakata dolls. Roundly shaped dolls wearing traditional happi coats and other summer attire create a summer festival atmosphere. An amabie (Japanese yokai ghost... More
- Car Manufacturers Offer Passable Route Information for Disaster Hit Areas Toyota Motor Corporation is providing map-based traffic information for areas including disaster-hit northern Kyushu, Kumamoto Prefecture, and Nagano Prefecture. Based on submitted car-location information during the past three hours, the latest traffic regulations, and other... More
- Heavy Rain Forecasts For Kyushu - Mobile Phone Service Disrupted Record-breaking volumes of rain continue in Kyushu as more wet air flows into the area between Jul. 10 ~ 12. While precise predictions of torrential rain are difficult, authorities warn that any region can expect a sudden disastrous rainfall. Residents are advised to review “Hazard Maps” to brace for such events. In Fukuoka Prefecture, landslide warnings are in effect for cities of Omuta, Yame, and Miyama. More
- Itoshima Launches Property-tax Exemption Project for Academia Research City Development By exempting property taxes for newly constructed facilities, Itoshima City launched a project to develop an academia-research collaborative town near the Kyushu University Ito Campus. On June 24, the city’s assembly approved the tax exemption on research facilities, apartments and... More
- Kyuden to Join Test of EV Bus Service Kyushu Electric Power Co., Inc. announced a partnership with two local companies to develop a project to operate electric buses to balance electrical demand and supply. The project will start in December 2020, using Nishitetsu’s EV buses running in the Island City area. While electricity demands... More