Fukuoka Beach Guide 2019
It’s summertime, and the livin’ is easy in Fukuoka! Clear your schedule and hit the beach for some sun, sand and waves.
Jun 27, 2019
Moon Light Noodle
Moon Light Noodle has grabbed the attention of both local ramen fans and foreign tourists alike - find out why!
Jul 26, 2019
Hakata Seafood Uoden
Famous hot pot restaurant Toriden has forayed into fish with Uoden, which opened in June inside a new hotel near Hakata Station.
Jul 26, 2019
Located on a back street in Shirogane, Dig Inn serves up sandwiches on homemade baguettes and bagels.
Jul 26, 2019
- Increase of Junior High School Students in Fukuoka Data from a government study showed the number of junior high school students in Fukuoka Prefecture reached 134,958 as of May 2019, an increase of 508 compared to the previous year. While the number of children at elementary schools and kindergartens in Fukuoka Prefecture has increased in... More
- Fukuoka City Begins Disaster Information in 18 Languages Fukuoka City recently expanded the number of languages provided via telephone during disasters. The city’s call center can provide information to foreigners in disastrous situations such as severe earthquakes and heavy rainfalls. While the service had previously been available in English, Chinese and Korean, fifteen more languages were added. The available... More
- Shochu Shipments from Miyazaki Prefecture Break Records Miyazaki Prefecture shipped out a record high volume of shochu in Japan between July 2018 to June 2019. According to a study by the Japan Sake and Shochu Makers Association, the prefecture ranked first for its shochu shipment for five consecutive years. While the total volume of liquor shipments dropped by... More
- Architectural Awards Application Open Until Today The prefecture's architectural awards for buildings dedicated to the creation of a beautiful cityscape marks its 32nd edition this year. Constructors, architects and building owners of residential and other buildings completed in the past ten years are welcome to submit by today, August 19. The competition... More
- Bids for Entertainment and Residential Development on Uminonakamichi Open The Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport, and Tourism is seeking developers for a new entertainment facility in Uminonakamichi. Proposals should include plans for the development of outdoor attractions as well as an accommodation facility on a 159-hectare land. The project aims to... More