Nov 18, 2020
In cooperation with Seahawk Galleria, a shopping arcade with a diverse array of 20 shops located inside the Hilton Fukuoka Sea Hawk seaside hotel, we present a series of original reports on the popular and the lesser-known attractions of Momochihama.
Nov 26, 2020
Head to Hasami to Enjoy a Hands-on Crafting Experience
The term “Hasami ware” refers to porcelain made in the town of Hasami in Nagasaki Prefecture, and despite having a history of over 400 years...
Apr 14, 2020
Fukuoka COVID-19 news & information in English
Fukuoka Now is posting daily news summaries in English about the COVID-19 situation of importance to residents of Fukuoka and Kyushu. Keep yourself informed!
Nov 18, 2020
Cycling on Goto Island with Go To Travel
For this report, we flew to Goto City, an island city full of nature where time seems to slow down. And it’s only 40 minutes from Fukuoka on a direct flight!...
- Sense of Wonder Nature Park Opens in Miyako Town A new natural park honoring American biologist, Rachel Carson, opened in Miyako Town of Fukuoka. The Irahara Shizen Taiken Shisetsu (Irahara Natural Experience Facility) stands next to Irahara Dam, of which the construction involved... More
- Kumamoto Soy-based Meat Product Enters US Market Daiz, a Kumamoto-based startup, prepares to enter the U.S. market by establishing a partnership with a major trade company, Marubeni Corporation. Aiming to provide Daiz’s soy-based meat substitute ‘Miracle Meat’ internationally... More
- Fewer People In Hakata on First Day of State of Emergency On Jan. 14, Fukuoka Prefecture announced 341 new cases of the new coronavirus infection. Amongst them were ten members of the Higashi Fukuoka High School volleyball team, who recently returned from Tokyo after winning a national tournament on Jan. 10. Also... More
- Online Cooking Class Featuring Itoshima Branded Ingredients An online cooking class featuring Itoshima-branded ingredients will be held on Jan. 31. The local tourism association collaborates with an Itoshima-based food company Yamasue and an Itoshima-native cooking expert Shoko Sato, who will cook two sea bream (tai) dishes and... More
- Kumamoto Prefecture Declares Its Own State of Emergency As of Jan. 14, Kumamoto Prefecture declared its own state of emergency to prevent the new coronavirus’s further spread. With a weekly count of 557 new infections between Jan. 6 ~ 12, the prefecture struggles against a severe infection spike that surpasses the national criterion for... More
ACROS Lunchtime Concert Volume 87 - Special Edition - Chill out with Classical Music - Ryo Fukawa and Friends
Events DATE: Feb 13, 2021