Apr 14, 2020
Fukuoka COVID-19 news & information in English
Fukuoka Now is posting daily news summaries in English about the COVID-19 situation of importance to residents of Fukuoka and Kyushu. Keep yourself informed!
Oct 27, 2020
Itoshima Kakigoya – Oyster Hut Guide 2020-2021
The coastline of Itoshima is dotted with small fishing ports. At some of these are kakigoya (oyster huts) where Fukuoka locals...
Oct 9, 2020
Itoshima Farmhouse Uovo
Itoshima Farmhouse, which is owned and operated by Itoshima City, reopened in May 2020 under the new name of Itoshima Farmhouse Uovo. Every day, fresh eggs are delivered from Uovo’s poultry farms to the shop...
Oct 6, 2020
Wednesday’s Are For Ladies at Wolfgang’s Steakhouse
Did you know that Wolfgang’s Steakhouse Fukuoka offers a special ladies’ lunch deal on Wednesdays? It’s a fabulous deal for sure, but only available on Wednesdays from 11:30 to 14:30.
- Wires Cut At Seasonal Kokura Illumination Electrical cables used in the ‘Kokura Illumination’ light-up event were found cut at sixteen places. According to Kitakyushu City, the first five cuts were found on Nov. 16 in front of Kokura Station. It’s believed... More
- Kyushu University Graduates Report Fewer Job Offers According to the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare, 2021 graduates of Kyushu-based universities and colleges have fewer job offers. As of October, as few as 64% of Kyushu-based students who graduate in March 2021 have received... More
- Kyushu Exports Mark First Increase in 15 Months Exports from Kyushu, Okinawa, and Yamaguchi during October surpassed a year before for the first time in fifteen months. According to a report by the customs office in Moji, Kitakyushu, the region marked... More
- H. Gen Kozuru Family Exhibition 2020 - The Wind from Topsfield A Boston-base ceramic artist, Hajime Gen Kozuru, was born into a Agano-yaki artist family in Fukuoka. Well over one-hundred pieces created by him and his three children will be on display; ranging from... More
- Fukuoka City Awards Subsidies to Two Local Companies Fukuoka City is supporting two businesses related to Kyushu University’s patented projects. The city announced the selection of Koala Tech Inc. and Kaico Ltd. for its subsidy program to support startups’ growth involving... More