Fukuoka Beach Guide 2018
It’s summertime, and the livin’ is easy in Fukuoka! Clear your schedule and hit the beach for some sun, sand and waves.
May 25, 2018
Located on a back street in Hirao, Nakamuta is a cozy restaurant in a revamped old house where you can enjoy Japanese cuisine and sake.
Jul 24, 2018
Up a narrow set of stairs on Oyafuko-dori, Baku has been in operation for more than 40 years. Step inside and it feels as if time has stood still.
Jul 24, 2018
Fukuoka Fireworks Guide 2018
Summer in Japan isn’t complete without experiencing at least one hanabi taikai (fireworks festival)!
Jul 14, 2017
- Fukuoka Company to Support Tourism into Fukui Hospitable, a Fukuoka-based company has formed a business partnership with the Fukui Shimbun newspaper. The two institutions will work together to increase tourism into Fukui, revitalize the region, and help small to medium-sized enterprises in the local area in finding... More
- Kirishima Shuzo is Top Selling Brewery The Fukuoka branch of the Teikoku Databank Fukuoka announced on August 13 that Kirishima Shuzo was the top selling manufacturer of shochu and awamori for 2017. This is the sixth consecutive year that the Miyazaki-based brewery has topped the rankings. The company recorded takings of... More
- Cruise Line Route Between Hakata and Shanghai to be Tested A cruise operating between the Port of Hakata and Shanghai will be tested from September. MSC Cruises and Norwegian Cruise Line will be offering special packages for the trial. Three different routes ranging in length and price will be available. The MSC Splendida cruise liner will sail in late September and cost passengers in the region of... More
- Record High Temperatures in Kyushu On Aug. 13, Fukuoka Regional Headquarters of Japan Meteorological Agency announced that temperatures spiked to 39.9 degrees in Hita, beating all previous records in Kyushu. Temperatures for eight places across Kyushu also broke past records, including Kurume City in Fukuoka and Ureshino City in Saga which recorded... More
- Confidence in the Economy Declines Across Kyushu Statistics for July have revealed that confidence in the economy has declined across Kyushu for the third consecutive month. The government's "economy watchers" survey announced on August 8 that business confidence throughout Kyushu's seven prefectures for July was down by 0.8% compared to... More