Jul 21, 2020
Lunchtime Celebration – Treat Yourself and Friends at Wolfgang’s
Time flies! Four years have flown by since Wolfgang Zwiener brought his famous chain of steakhouses to Fukuoka. Located on the ground floor of the Grand Hyatt Fukuoka, with...
Jun 29, 2020
Enjoy Sunset This Fall in Seaside Momochi
Just a three-minute walk from Galleria lies the perfect spot to take a photo at sunset...
Jul 31, 2020
Boss E•ZO Fukuoka – Opening Report
Boss E•ZO Fukuoka, an “exciting entertainment zone,” opened on July 21, 2020 and Fukuoka Now was invited to report on it a few days in advance. The biggest draw is...
Jul 3, 2020
Fukuoka Fireworks Guide 2020
Summer in Japan isn’t complete without experiencing at least one hanabi taikai (fireworks festival)!
- Fukuoka Hotel Occupancy Ranked 4th Worst in Japan A report disclosed that the August hotel occupancy rate in Fukuoka Prefecture ranked fourth-worst in Japan. While the entire nation experienced some improvements in August’s bookings, only the prefectures of Fukuoka and... More
- Fukuoka Prefecture Recorded Largest Number of Centenarians Fukuoka Prefecture recorded 3,524 residents centenarians, the largest number of all prefectures in Japan. Ahead of the Respect for the Aged Day on Sep. 21, the prefecture reported the number of centenarians, which increased by 436 compared to September in 2019... More
- JR Kyushu Announces Reduction of Express Trains In November, JR Kyushu will reduce the number of express trains between Hakata-Nagasaki (Kamome), Hakata-Kokura (Kirameki), and more routes the prolonged impact of the spread of new coronavirus. The company, which had fully resumed its express trains in June... More
- Share Cycle Operator Partners With Fukuoka-based Mobby Ride On September 18, Fukuoka-based e-kickboard share company, Mobby Ride Inc., announced a partnership with Neuet, the operating company of Chari Chari bicycle share service. The two companies will introduce shared ports (bike/scooter pickup and More
- Nishitetsu Considers Cutting Some Late Night Trains Nishi-Nippon Railroad Co., Ltd. held a news conference on September 17, in which it explained their intention to cut some late-night rail services. The President and CEO, Sumio Kuratomi, said that earlier last trains would be introduced for trains including... More