Oct 29, 2021
Fukuoka Autumn Leaves Guide 2021
The best time to view koyo in Fukuoka is a little late or the same as last year. Fukuoka Now has selected some of the best spots near Fukuoka – complete with links to useful weather resources, photographs, maps, and more!
Oct 29, 2021
Itoshima Kakigoya – Oyster Hut Guide 2021-2022
The coastline of Itoshima is dotted with small fishing ports. At some of these are kakigoya (oyster huts) where Fukuoka locals...
Jul 12, 2021
Itoshima, a beautiful area on the western edge of Fukuoka with beautiful beaches and lush green mountains and fields. Check "Itoshima Now" for original reports by people who know the area well.
Apr 5, 2021
Itoshima – One of the Most Liveable Small Cities in the World
Monocle magazine and I agree on a lot of things. Ever since I flipped through its first issue in February 2007, I’ve felt like it’s one of very few Western media that really...
- Panama Vessel Collides With Water Break in Hakata Bay A large Panamanian vessel, Lady Rosemary, collided with a water break in Hakata Bay on Nov. 28. The accident occurred at 11:45 p.m, shortly after the ship left for Kobe Port carrying bananas. No injuries were reported among Japanese and... More
- Hakata Connected Office Building Construction Approved JR Kyushu received approval for the Hakata Connected redevelopment program for its office building construction project on the site of the former Higashi Sogo Chosha. The exterior of the twelve-story building will be... More
- Two Stars Design Unveiled Design plans for JR Kyushu’s new sightseeing train, Two Stars, were released on Nov. 26. Created by designer Eiji Mitooka, the three-car train will wear pearly white with a golden logo on the outside. The car in the middle will be the buffet/lounge compartment... More
- Wedding Photos On Fukuoka Airport’s Tarmac Fukuoka-based wedding costume provider, Quantize will launch the first-ever wedding photo shooting service at Fukuoka Airport. The collaboration project with the airport and Japan Airlines have five couples pose close to... More
- LEXUS ‘NX’ Production Begins in Kyushu Production of a new Lexus SUV, ‘NX,’ began at the Miyata Factory in Fukuoka Prefecture. With the development of the new-generation SUV, Lexus will become a plug-in hybrid EV for the first time... More
Eat Namako Mochi on New Year’s Eve at Hakozakigu Shrine
Events DATE: Dec 31, 2021
Drag Queen No Light, No Queen - Photo by Nagi Yoshida
Events DATE: Nov 30, 2021 - Dec 12, 2021
Hakata Doll Exhibition: Japanese Zodiac and Good Luck Charms of the Tiger
Events DATE: Nov 29, 2021 - Dec 5, 2021