Music and film buffs love Petrol Blue, a tiny bar hidden among the jumble of hair salons and select shops in Daimyo.
Nov 28, 2018
Itoshima Kakigoya – Oyster Hut Guide 2018-2019
The coastline of Itoshima is dotted with small fishing ports. At some of these are kakigoya (oyster huts) where Fukuoka locals...
Oct 27, 2017
Run by yakitori veteran Tsukasa Ito, Ibushiza uses high-grade binchotan charcoal to grill its skewers.
Nov 28, 2018
Buy Me Stand
Buy Me Stand, a grilled sandwich shop started by the hip Shibuya fashion brand Son of the Cheese, opened inside Ropponmatsu 421 last September.
Nov 28, 2018
- Chinese Company Looking to Invest in Huis Ten Bosch HIS are discussing the possibility of accepting an offer from a Chinese investment company for a significant stake in Huis Ten Bosch. Fosun International is interested in purchasing a 25% share in the Sasebo-based themed park and hopes to increase the number of Chinese tourists that visit the facility. HIS are the majority stockholder, with... More
- Researchers in Kyushu Discover Diagnosis Method for Oral Cancer A research group of the University of Kitakyushu and Kyushu Dental University has found an innovative way to diagnose oral cancer. According to professor Seung-Woo Lee and Toshihiro Ansai, twelve kinds of volatile substances in saliva can decide if a person has... More
- Lipton Tea Stand Opened in Fukuoka A Lipton Tea Stand opened in Hakata Marui on December 6 as its third such cafe in Japan. The cafe, which previously ran as a pop-up shop in Tokyo and Osaka, enjoyed enormous popularity with its "Fruits in Tea" beverages. This time, the shop offers about 20 different tea leaves and... More
- Applications for Fukuoka Triathlon 2019 Open Following the inaugural event in 2017, Fukuoka Triathlon 2019 will once again take competitors around Uminonakamichi Seaside Park and Shikanoshima, a part of Fukuoka steeped in history. The race will cover 51.5 km, the standard distance raced in Olympic triathlons (1.5 km of... More
- Cat Specialty Bookstore in Ropponmatsu A bookstore specializing in cat-related books opened in Ropponmatsu, Fukuoka City on December 3. The shop is named Shoshi Wagahaido and has operated as an online store since 2013. Wooden bookshelves and tables that were used in the former Kyushu University Campus furnish the... More
Kanji Day By Day: A Calendar And Cultural Experience From Here To The Olympics
Dec 5, 2018 Now Reports