Feb 4, 2021
Fukuoka Ume Guide 2021
Before sakura (cherry blossom) season is ume (plum blossom) season. Here are 25 spots in and around Fukuoka for ume viewing!
Oct 27, 2020
Itoshima Kakigoya – Oyster Hut Guide 2020-2021
The coastline of Itoshima is dotted with small fishing ports. At some of these are kakigoya (oyster huts) where Fukuoka locals...
Nov 27, 2020
Nishidori Parlour – Small Space with Big Punch
Occupying a prime street-level spot just a few steps in from Nishi-dori this place surprises!
- Detailed Route Schedule For Torch Relay in Fukuoka Announced Detailed time schedules for the Tokyo 2020 Torch relay were announced. During the two-day tour in Fukuoka Prefecture, the torch will travel through Dazaifu Tenmangu Shrine and... More
- Hakata Doll Artists Celebrate Kyushu Shinkansen Tenth Anniversary A special box of Hakata Hajiki debuted on Mar. 1 to celebrate the tenth anniversary of Kyushu Shinkansen. Nine craftsmen of traditional Hakata Doll created ten designs with motifs of the shinkansen car... More
- Kumamoto Dialect Guide Introduced Tamana City of Kumamoto Prefecture created a unique list of local dialects. Aiming to support those who move into the city from elsewhere, eighty-five expressions are introduced in a sheet designed like... More
- New Glamping Resort Opens in Itoshima A new outdoor facility will open in Itoshima City on Mar. 31. Laspark Resort, a 26,500-square-meter resort complex consisting of a glamping ground, campground, BBQ square, and a cafe. Dome-shaped... More
- Uber Eats Expands To Every Prefecture in Kyushu Uber Eats announced their service would become available in all prefectures within Kyushu. As of Mar. 4, the food delivery service begins in... More
24th Kurume Kasuri Ai, Ai, Deai (Indigo, Love, Encounter) Festival
Events DATE: Mar 20, 2021 - Mar 21, 2021
The 2nd Year of Reiwa - New Exhibition of Kurume Kasuri - Important Intangible Cultural Assets
Events DATE: Mar 1, 2021 - Mar 7, 2021