Fukuoka Strawberry Picking Guide
Strawberry picking is a popular activity in Japan and Fukuoka is famous for its big, sweet strawberries. Now’s the time to go a-picking!
Nov 30, 2018
December 2018 Fukuoka Now
The Beatles’ lyrics “It was twenty years ago today…” comes to mind as this month marks the twentieth year of publication of Fukuoka Now magazine!
Nov 28, 2018
Itoshima Kakigoya – Oyster Hut Guide 2018-2019
The coastline of Itoshima is dotted with small fishing ports. At some of these are kakigoya (oyster huts) where Fukuoka locals...
Oct 27, 2017
- Applications for Fukuoka Triathlon 2019 Open Following the inaugural event in 2017, Fukuoka Triathlon 2019 will once again take competitors around Uminonakamichi Seaside Park and Shikanoshima, a part of Fukuoka steeped in history. The race will cover 51.5 km, the standard distance raced in Olympic triathlons (1.5 km of... More
- Cat Specialty Bookstore in Ropponmatsu A bookstore specializing in cat-related books opened in Ropponmatsu, Fukuoka City on December 3. The shop is named Shoshi Wagahaido and has operated as an online store since 2013. Wooden bookshelves and tables that were used in the former Kyushu University Campus furnish the... More
- Fukuoka Delinquent Tax Payment Report The Fukuoka Regional Taxation Bureau revealed figures of the tax payment situation in seven prefectures in Kyushu from July 2017 to June 2018. Among 47,617 income tax returns that were examined by the bureau, approximately thirty thousand had errors which led to additional taxation of... More
- First-ever Public Piano Inside a Train Station in Fukuoka Debuts in Itoshima On November 24 a public piano was placed just inside of the ticket gate of JR Chikuzen-Maebaru Station. Everyone is welcome to play it at any time while the station is open. The project was brought to Itoshima City by Itoshima Machikado Concert, a volunteer group which was inspired by... More
- Plum Flavored Potato Chips Developed in Collaboration with High School Calbee has developed ume-anko flavor potato chips in collaboration with Fukuoka Agricultural High School in Dazaifu City. This is their 6th collaboration product with the concept of wishing the best of luck for the students who are taking school entrance exams. Ume-anko flavor gives... More
Kanji Day By Day: A Calendar And Cultural Experience From Here To The Olympics
Dec 5, 2018 Now Reports