Sep 6, 2021
Our Trip to Unzen and a Story of Seeds
As people spend more time at home, many of us have begun to pay more attention to the food we put into our bodies. Also, recently we started hearing about some unique foodie spots created by people from the Kanto region who have moved to Unzen, Nagasaki...
Apr 5, 2021
Itoshima – One of the Most Liveable Small Cities in the World
Monocle magazine and I agree on a lot of things. Ever since I flipped through its first issue in February 2007, I’ve felt like it’s one of very few Western media that really...
Sep 10, 2021
Single-Origin Bean-to-Bar Chocolate
Green Bean to Bar in Tenjin’s Single-Origin Bean-to-Bar Chocolate - Yum!
Aug 26, 2021
Wolfgang’s Takeout Box for Home – A Fukuoka Exclusive!
For better or worse, we’ve become accustomed to takeout and delivery. We’ve found ways to make eating takeout or delivery good, well, almost as good. But what about big birthdays or anniversaries?...
- Marriott Group Hotel to Open Near Ureshino Onsen Station Marriott International’s Fairfield Hotel will be developed near JR Ureshino-onsen Station in Saga Prefecture. The hotel will open in the same building as the new roadside station (michino-eki) for Ureshino City after... More
- Nakasu Jazz To Resume In Person Concerts The 13th Nakasu Jazz welcomes back its fans to two venues this year. The street music event was entirely held online in 2020, but live performances return to JR Kyushu Hall and Canal City Hakata this year. A limited number... More
- New Air Service Delivers Freshly Harvested Food From Miyazaki to Kanto Solaseed Air will begin same-day air shipping of fresh produce from Miyazaki City to the Kanto region. Freshly harvested produce will be shipped to Miyazaki Airport and then leave on same day flights for Tokyo International Airport... More
- Fukuoka’s First Public Piano The first street piano in Fukuoka City was introduced on the 1st floor of Solaria plaza in Tenjin. On the morning of Oct. 20, local jazz pianist Futa Kojo filled the place with beautiful sound to celebrate the installment... More
- JR Kyushu’s Seven Stars Named Best Train In World Readers of the American travel magazine, Condé Nast Traveler, selected JR Kyushu’s Seven Stars as the best train of the year. The luxury sightseeing train featuring all rail travel, gourmet, and entertainment earned... More
Itoshima Int’l Art Festival 2021 Itoshima Arts Farm
Events DATE: Oct 16, 2021 - Oct 24, 2021