Mar 26, 2021
Two Nights & Three Days of Spring in Kagoshima. Islands, Shochu and Dinner on a Train!
On our tour, you will visit the beautiful but not well known Koshikijima islands...
Mar 22, 2021
Wolfgang’s Steakhouse Fukuoka
Wolfgang’s seafood platters – what better way to celebrate a special occasion? Ideal for families or couples for lunch or dinner. There’s more than great steak at Wolfgang’s.
Apr 28, 2021
The “Momochi Now” series is back with monthly interviews with people who live, work, or are otherwise involved with Momochi. Through their stories, we will bring you closer to Momochi now!...
Apr 5, 2021
Itoshima – One of the Most Liveable Small Cities in the World
Monocle magazine and I agree on a lot of things. Ever since I flipped through its first issue in February 2007, I’ve felt like it’s one of very few Western media that really...
Feb 24, 2021
Making the Ordinary Special ~ A Luxurious Overnight Journey to Saga ~
For this report, we took a two-day trip next door to Saga prefecture to spruce up our everyday lives. We visited Ureshino Onsen, known as one of Japan’s Top Three Hot Springs for Beautiful Skin, and Arita, one of the country’s most well-known ceramic production centers....
- Nishitetsu Announces Record Breaking Losses For FY2020 Nishi-Nippon Railroad Co., Ltd. (Nishitetsu) reported its consolidated accounts for the 2021 March term, which resulted in a net loss of ¥12 billion. The huge deficit was caused by the pandemic in its transportation business, hotel business, and... More
- Nishitetsu Palace Bowl To Close Nishijin Palace Bowl will close at the end of March 2022. The operating company, Nishitetsu, explained on May 13 that the number of visitors to the recreation facility, which opened in 1972, has declined in recent years. Challenges related to... More
- Solaseed Air (Miyazaki) and Air Do (Hokkaido) Merger Miyazaki City-based Solaseed Air Inc. announced plans to merge with Airdo Co., Ltd. in Hokkaido. The two airlines aim to reach an agreement to establish a new air carrier by the fall of 2022. They expect to save fuel and... More
- Plum Picking At Historic Site in Dazaifu The first picking of ume plum at the ruins of the ancient seat of government in Dazaifu took place on May 13. Thirty-five students at Fukuoka Agricultural High School picked the fruit to use in their new ume food product. The historical site has... More
- Muraokaya Gallery To Close Permanently Shintencho Muraokaya Gallery will close at the end of May. The art gallery was opened by Saga Prefecture-based confectionery, Muraokaya, in 1972. It was one of the first galleries to have opened inside the arcade and deepened the connection between... More
Isao Takahata Exhibition: A Legend in Japanese Animation
Events DATE: Apr 29, 2021 - Jul 18, 2021
Evangelion x Fukuoka Tower: Fukuoka Tower Supplementary Plan
Events DATE: Mar 27, 2021 - Jun 13, 2021