May 31, 2021
Fukuoka Kitchen Car Guide 2021
With its yatai culture (mobile food stalls), Fukuokans are accustomed to eating outdoors, so it’s no surprise that kitchen cars are doing well here...
Aug 16, 2021
Ishimura Manseido Main Shop Renewal
Their main store, which celebrated its 115th anniversary recently, reopened on July 30, 2021...
Sep 6, 2021
Our Trip to Unzen and a Story of Seeds
As people spend more time at home, many of us have begun to pay more attention to the food we put into our bodies. Also, recently we started hearing about some unique foodie spots created by people from the Kanto region who have moved to Unzen, Nagasaki...
Aug 26, 2021
Wolfgang’s Takeout Box for Home – A Fukuoka Exclusive!
For better or worse, we’ve become accustomed to takeout and delivery. We’ve found ways to make eating takeout or delivery good, well, almost as good. But what about big birthdays or anniversaries?...
- Fukuoka Prefecture Likely To Ease Restrictions Gradually Fukuoka Prefecture says it is not ready to lift COVID-19 related business regulations completely. While the Governor, Seitaro Hattori, recognizes the region's plans to lift restrictions after Sep. 30, he also feels relaxation of rules... More
- Ten street lamps installed in Hakata Old Town Ten lanterns were introduced to Hakata Old Town to add to the charms of the district. The 50-centimeter high wooden lantern was designed with the concept of kazari yamakasa decorative floats for the region’s traditional summer festival... More
- Kyushu University Associate Professor Makes ALS Discovery A Kyushu University associate professor, Ryo Yamasaki, and his fellow researchers discovered the possibility of slowing down the progress of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) by activating a specific kind of immune cells... More
- Sharp Uptick of COVID Related Bankruptcies in Kyushu Okinawa The latest report by the Fukuoka branch of Tokyo Shoko Research, Ltd. revealed an increasing rate of new coronavirus-related business bankruptcies in the Kyushu-Okinawa region... More
- Fugu (Globefish) Sashimi Vending Machine Debuts A fugu-sashi globefish vending machine debuted inside the Karato Market of Shimonoseki City. The thinly sliced fugu dish is a well-known local specialty of Yamaguchi Prefecture and is often served at restaurants for locals and tourists... More
Origin of Japanese Flower Arrangement - Ikenobo School of Ikebana - Fukuoka Flower Exhibition
Events DATE: Sep 29, 2021 - Oct 4, 2021