Kougei Expo Local Industry Bus Tours
Join special bus tours for a chance to learn about traditional Fukuoka crafts up close. Three one-day tour courses to choose from! Book now.
Oct 23, 2018
Toriichi specializes in course-style yakitori. It’s counter-only with the owner Ippei Matsunaga stoically standing behind a small binchotan charcoal grill.
Sep 26, 2018
Just 25 km west of Fukuoka City, Itoshima has beautiful beaches, lush green mountains and is famous for flavorful vegetables and fresh seafood. Learn more about Itoshima now!
Jul 24, 2018
October 2018 Fukuoka Now
Fall in Fukuoka not only brings blue skies but also Hakata Akihaku, a two-month long autumn festa with over twenty events taking place within Hakata Ward. Check our website for details in English.
Sep 26, 2018
- New Saga Strawberry to be Released This Year A new Saga strawberry called Ichigosan will hit stores this Winter. A presentation was held on October 16 to announce that the prefecture has developed the new breed of strawberry, which is seen as a successor to the Saga Honoka, over a period seven years. The fruit is said to be particularly juicy and has a deep red color. The strawberry will be harvested and More
- Students No Longer Need to Specify Gender for Entrance Exams From March next year, the prefectural high school entrance examinations in Fukuoka will not ask students to specify their gender on application forms or admission slips. The Fukuoka Prefectural Board of Education made the announcement on October 17 after deciding that the information was... More
- Mizutaki Flavored Potato Chips Calbee have joined forces with Fukuoka Prefecture to develop mizutaki (chicken hot pot) flavored potato chips. These efforts form part of a wider initiative that sees the company collaborate with local governments throughout Japan in order to create snacks inspired by regional cuisine and popular delicacies. An employee from Calbee visited the... More
- Progress Seen in Haruyoshi Bridge Construction Built in 1961, the Haruyoshi Bridge on Route 202 in Fukuoka is being replaced due to deterioration from normal aging and aggravated sea salt. In 2013 construction on a replacement began. We walked by last week and saw the progress. The new bridge area will only be used for... More
- Softbank Hawks Soar Past Seibu Lions to Advance to Japan Series Yesterday, Sunday Oct. 21 the Softbank Hawks defeated the Seibu Lions for the fourth time in five games to win the Climax Series and advance to the Japan Series against the Hiroshima Carp. Yuki Yanagita was named the MVP of the series. He batted in... More
Fukuoka City National Strategic Special Zone (2) “Tax Reduction for Startups”
Oct 9, 2018 Now Reports