Oct 29, 2021
Fukuoka Autumn Leaves Guide 2021
The best time to view koyo in Fukuoka is a little late or the same as last year. Fukuoka Now has selected some of the best spots near Fukuoka – complete with links to useful weather resources, photographs, maps, and more!
Apr 5, 2021
Itoshima – One of the Most Liveable Small Cities in the World
Monocle magazine and I agree on a lot of things. Ever since I flipped through its first issue in February 2007, I’ve felt like it’s one of very few Western media that really...
Oct 29, 2021
Itoshima Kakigoya – Oyster Hut Guide 2021-2022
The coastline of Itoshima is dotted with small fishing ports. At some of these are kakigoya (oyster huts) where Fukuoka locals...
Nov 12, 2021
Winter Illumination Guide 2021
Nightfall comes earlier as winter approaches, and Fukuoka City transforms into a glimmering spectacle as shops and public spaces display elaborate Christmas lights. Check out Fukuoka Now’s Illumination Guide for this year’s recommended spots.
- Kashiikaen Garden-flower Giveaway Program Kashiikaen, the amusement park in Higashi Ward of Fukuoka City, is giving away the flowers and plants grown at the park to visitors as the park’s closing day approaches. Aiming to find new homes for... More
- Yanagawa Winter Tourism Passport Launched Enjoy winter in Yanagawa with the newly developed sightseeing passport. Operation of kotatsu bune (winterized gondolas) offering a cozy boat ride along the city's canals began on Dec. 1. The new passport allows... More
- NTT West Uses Kyudai AI Tech For Education Trial NTT West is conducting a trial on improving education quality using a Kyushu-University-developed AI system. The Learning Analytics program evaluates each student’s level of understanding by viewing digital resources and... More
- Senga Signs Record High Contract with Softbank Hawks Softbank Hawks’ ace pitcher Kodai Senga renewed his contract with the Softbank Hawks for an estimated ¥600 million. The five-year contract marks a record-high annual salary for a Japanese pitcher... More
- Nagasaki Marriot Hotel To Open in 2023 The first Marriott Hotel in Kyushu will open in Nagasaki City in the fall of 2023. Marriott International and JR Kyushu recently reached an agreement to open the 200-room hotel inside the new Nagasaki Station building... More
Asteroid Explorer - Hayabusa2 - Special Capsule Viewing
Events DATE: Jan 28, 2022 - Feb 1, 2022
Eat Namako Mochi on New Year’s Eve at Hakozakigu Shrine
Events DATE: Dec 31, 2021
Drag Queen No Light, No Queen - Photo by Nagi Yoshida
Events DATE: Nov 30, 2021 - Dec 12, 2021