Yanagawa Hina Festival 2020
Every year on Mar. 3, Hina (Doll) Festivals are held to pray for the health of young girls. The day is known as Momo no Sekku, a date that traditionally marked the coming of spring. The custom is said to have begun in...
Feb 27, 2020
It has been nine years since JR Hakata City opened its doors to the public. Since then, frogs there have been sightings of “golden frogs” on the walls of the station building. Frogs are considered as...
Mar 30, 2020
Karatsu – Surf, Sand, and Pines!
Now spring is here, it’s time to get outdoors. Karatsu is nearby and makes for a refreshing day trip. Here’s a few spots we think are well worth checking out. And remember, Karatsu is nearby. By train (Tenjin to Karatsu) can take as little as 61 minutes!
Mar 30, 2020
Shirouzu Coffee Roaster
Open from morning till midnight, Shirouzu Coffee, on Kego Hondori, is a shop on the vanguard of the local coffee scene that offers coffee roasted in house. The carefully selected beans are roasted at...
Mar 30, 2020
- Important Message - Fukuoka Mayor Urges Residents to Refrain From Travel to Kanto and Kansai The Mayor of Fukuoka City, Soichiro Takashima, has urged residents to refrain from unnecessary trips overseas or to the Kanto and Kansai regions. The announcement follows news that a baby under the age of one tested positive for the COVID-19 in Fukuoka City on March 30. The infant's mother and grandfather also contracted the disease, but... More
- Fukuoka’s Largest Single Day Number of COVID-19 Cases - Total now 46 Fukuoka Prefecture announced 17 more confirmed cases of COVID-19 on March 31. The number includes ten persons in the city of Kitakyushu, five in Fukuoka, one in Kurume, and one in Miyako Gun. The resident of Miyako Gun reportedly visited his parents in Itoshima City... More
- Nissan Kyushu and Honda Kumamoto Curtail Production Nissan Motor Co. will cut its car production at its Fukuoka factory by more than 50% in April. Reduced demands for new cars in the US and other international markets amidst the impacts of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic forced the... More
- Redevelopment Plans for Starlane Bowling Alley Site Revealed An outline for the redevelopment of the former Starlane bowling alley site was announced on March 26 by NTT Urban Development. The plan calls for a spacious 940 m2 public square in the southern section of the site. The project gained the approval of... More
- Fukuoka Prefecture to Designate Hospitals for Severe COVID-19 Cases Fukuoka Prefecture plans to designate some medical facilities to specialize in treating COVID-19 patients with severe symptoms. Governor Hiroshi Ogawa explained at a press conference on March 30 that the prefecture's capacity to... More
Important Message - Fukuoka Mayor Urges Residents to Refrain From Travel to Kanto and Kansai
Apr 1, 2020 Local News