Clam Digging Guide 2019
Enjoy a day of shiohigari (clam digging) at the beach, playing in the mud and challenging your friends to clam-hunting contests!
Apr 25, 2019
Oishi Koriya Tenjin-minami
Owned and operated by a long-standing local ice-maker, Oishi Koriya offers extraordinary kakigori (shaved ice).
Apr 26, 2019
Fukuchan Ramen Taguma Honten
Now in its 43rd year, Fukuchan is one of the city’s most famous ramen joints. Ask a local and many will say Fukuchan is their favorite!
Apr 26, 2019
Popular soba restaurant Hanagen opened Torihana, an oyakodon specialty shop, inside the Hakata Daimaru department store.
Apr 26, 2019
- Sakamoto Hachiman Shrine Reopens for Visitors Sakamoto Hachiman Shrine in Dazaifu City decided to reopen after it has discontinued issuing goshuin (proof of pilgrimage) stamps to an overflowing volume of visitors. The shrine, with a direct relationship related to the naming of Japan's new era "Reiwa," saw more than 50,000 visitors during the 10-day Golden Week holidays. Previously the shrine was... More
- Drones Deployed in Fukuoka and Saga to Protect Solar Farms Three companies in the prefectures of Fukuoka and Saga conducted tests to scare off crows with a special drone. The drone has been developed to protect 3,200 solar panels owned by Japan Environment Techno Co., Ltd. in the mountain area of Karatsu City in Saga. It is equipped with a speaker which makes a noise resembling the suffering voice of a crow. The surface of... More
- Fukuoka Junior High Schools Get New Uniforms for First Time in 70 Years Designs for new school uniforms to be worn by students at Fukuoka City’s municipal junior high schools from spring 2020 have been finalized. The new school uniform is said to be more flexible, wearable in different seasons, and comfortable for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender students. Unlike the current uniform with only two designs for... More
- Umbrella Sharing Service in Fukuoka Fukuoka City is planning to introduce an umbrella sharing service called Aikasa during the rainy season. Approximately 40 umbrella stands will be installed at major department stores, stations, and ward offices around the city. Customers who use LINE Pay will be able to take advantage of a special campaign and borrow an umbrella for ¥1 a day. Officials hope that the scheme will reduce... More
- Reiwa Related Tours Selling Out in Fukuoka Tours to historical spots in Fukuoka Prefecture related to Reiwa era are attracting the attention of tourists. Sixty-four seats for the bus tour by Nippon Travel Agency Co., Ltd. operating on May 31 and June 9 sold out within four days. The tour departs Hakata Station and takes participants to places including Sakamoto Hachiman Shrine (Dazaifu City,) former residence of... More