Oct 9, 2020
Fukuoka Autumn Leaves Guide 2020
The best time to view koyo in Fukuoka is a little late or the same as last year. Fukuoka Now has selected some of the best spots near Fukuoka – complete with links to useful weather resources, photographs, maps, and more!
Oct 19, 2020
Family-friendly spots in Momochi
In this month’s edition, we are introducing several family-friendly spots that you can enjoy with your children...
Jun 15, 2020
Fukuoka Now Mail Magazine - FREE!
Did you know we publish a weekly email newsletter with a list of news topics and reports in English about Fukuoka and Kyushu? Stay subscribed to The Now! and you’ll never miss a beat - it's free!
Oct 27, 2020
Itoshima Kakigoya – Oyster Hut Guide 2020-2021
The coastline of Itoshima is dotted with small fishing ports. At some of these are kakigoya (oyster huts) where Fukuoka locals...
- Final Five Days For Tiempo Iberoamericano's Crowdfund Project NPO Tiempo Iberoamericano is a Latin cultural center based in Fukuoka that has for 23 years introduced Latin culture from dance, music, arts, language to food to the city of Fukuoka (and beyond.) They are also the organizers of special events, such as Isla de Salsa, Vivela, and Sakura Tango and Sancho Panza operator, a restaurant serving authentic Latin American cuisine. More
- World's First Recycled Paper Diaper Tested in Kagoshima Unicharm Corporation announced the expansion of its Kagoshima-based diaper recycling project into the next decade. Since 2016, the company has conducted public trials to collect and... More
- First Passenger Cruise Ship Since Corona Outbreak Docks in Kyushu The first cruise ship since the outbreak of the new coronavirus arrived at Sasebo Port on Oct. 26. The ship, Nippon Maru, docked with some 200 passengers onboard. The vessel followed More
- Local Airline Star Flyer Seeks Investment Funds The Kitakyushu-based airline company, Star Flyer Inc., is preparing to increase its funding by around ¥10 billion. The impact of the new coronavirus spread caused the company... More
- Softbank Hawks Win Pacific League Championship 2020 While our hometown heroes, the Softbank Hawks, won the Nippon Series the last three years in a row (2017, 2018, and 2019), tonight, they were crowned the Pacific Champions for the first time in three years. More
Fukuoka City Museum’s 30th Anniversary Special exhibition. Treasures of Fukuoka - Castle, Town and its People
Oct 27, 2020 Events