Inaba Udon Watanabe-dori
Originally founded in 1951 in Inaba-cho (which is now part of Tenjin), Inaba Udon now has six shops throughout the city.
Oct 15, 2019
Hakata Akihaku Guide 2019
Hakata Akihaku 2019 features an exceptional variety of colorful, must-see events, ranging from those imbued with historical romance at the shrines and temples of Hakata, to concerts, art, dramas, walking tours, and lectures!
Sep 24, 2019
Located in the new Hareno Garden in Tenjin Chuo Park, Toffee—which stands for “tofu + coffee” —is an offshoot of the long-standing Mihara Tofuten restaurant.
Oct 15, 2019
Rugby World Cup 2019 in Fukuoka
Welcome to Fukuoka and welcome to the only site with information by local expat professional editors for visitors from overseas. Dig deep and have a fantastic time in Fukuoka!
Sep 20, 2019
- Peach Aviation to Offer Regular Fukuoka-Taipei Service Low-cost carrier Peach Aviation will begin offering new regular flights between Fukuoka and Taipei on Nov. 25, marking the company’s first international route with service to and from Fukuoka Airport. Peach will operate one... More
- Fukuoka Airport Implements Facial Recognition Scanners Use of facial recognition gates for departing passengers began at Fukuoka Airport on October 8. Passengers who spent 90 days or less in Japan can use their IC-equipped passport at one of the six automated gates for quicker immigration processing. The improved immigration procedure is expected to allow the airport to distribute workers to... More
- Fukuoka City Gets Cute Manholes Fukuoka City Waterworks Bureau is working to raise awareness of its sewerage system by introducing designed manhole covers with a cute design. The most recent design includes a tiny heart symbol on the round lid which is 60 cm in diameter. The city is preparing 51 lids with... More
- Fukuoka Prefecture Streams Anti-Marijuana Video Fukuoka Prefecture began streaming a video to discourage the use of marijuana in the cities of Fukuoka and Kitakyushu. The number of annual marijuana arrests in the prefecture rose to 202 in 2018, the highest number on record. With almost half of the cases involving juveniles, the prefecture... More
- Haruyoshi Bridge Detour Opens Haruyoshi Bridge, connecting the areas of Hakata and Tenjin, was closed for reconstruction since the morning of October 6. A new detour bridge opened next to the 58-year-old bridge and will serve as an alternate route until the reopening of... More