Mar 22, 2021
Wolfgang’s Steakhouse Fukuoka
Wolfgang’s seafood platters – what better way to celebrate a special occasion? Ideal for families or couples for lunch or dinner. There’s more than great steak at Wolfgang’s.
Apr 5, 2021
Itoshima – One of the Most Liveable Small Cities in the World
Monocle magazine and I agree on a lot of things. Ever since I flipped through its first issue in February 2007, I’ve felt like it’s one of very few Western media that really...
Apr 28, 2021
The “Momochi Now” series is back with monthly interviews with people who live, work, or are otherwise involved with Momochi. Through their stories, we will bring you closer to Momochi now!...
Feb 24, 2021
Making the Ordinary Special ~ A Luxurious Overnight Journey to Saga ~
For this report, we took a two-day trip next door to Saga prefecture to spruce up our everyday lives. We visited Ureshino Onsen, known as one of Japan’s Top Three Hot Springs for Beautiful Skin, and Arita, one of the country’s most well-known ceramic production centers....
- Kyuden Invests ¥250 Billion Into Reusable Energy Project On Apr. 28, Kyushu Electric Power Co., Inc. (Kyuden) announced its Carbon Neutral Vision 2050. During the next five years, the company would invest approximately ¥250 million to increase reliance on reusable energy. The project ultimately... More
- Kyushu’s Next Shinkansen Route Name Announced The name of the new shinkansen route between Takeo-onsen and Nagasaki was officially announced recently as ‘Nishi Kyushu Shinkansen’ (West Kyushu Shinkansen.) According to the press conference on Apr. 28, JR Kyushu aims to... More
- Fukuoka City Announces Japan's first Student Startup Visa for Exchange Students Fukuoka City received approval for issuing Japan’s first ‘Student Startup Visa.’ Unlike conventional business visas that require a minimum initial capital of ¥5 million or recruitment of more than two employees for foreign entrepreneurs upon entering Japan... More
- Fukuoka Ranks Poorly in Pandemic Response Survey A Keio University professor released the rankings of anti-covid actions taken in all prefectures in Japan. In Kyushu, Saga and Oita earned the 3rd and 4th positions, thanks to citizens staying off the streets, low occupancy rates of hospital beds, and more. Meanwhile... More
- Lower Than Average Percentage of Female Assembly Members in Kyushu The percentage of female local assembly members in the Kyushu-Okinawa region remains lower than the national average. According to a report by the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications, the proportion of prefectural assembly seats held by... More
Fukuoka City Announces Japan's first Student Startup Visa for Exchange Students
May 11, 2021 Local News
Isao Takahata Exhibition: A Legend in Japanese Animation
Events DATE: Apr 29, 2021 - Jul 18, 2021
Evangelion x Fukuoka Tower: Fukuoka Tower Supplementary Plan
Events DATE: Mar 27, 2021 - Jun 13, 2021