The Roam Bar
Owner Hiroshi Wada, a master mixologist, offers gorgeous cocktails designed to evoke the hustle and bustle of the big city.
Feb 28, 2019
After honing his chops at the popular Chinese restaurant Pikaichi for 15 years, Shoji Hara struck out on his own 10 years ago to open Pikamatsu.
Feb 28, 2019
Just 25 km west of Fukuoka City, Itoshima has beautiful beaches, lush green mountains and is famous for flavorful vegetables and fresh seafood. Learn more about Itoshima now!
Feb 28, 2019
Fukuoka Ume Guide 2019
Before sakura (cherry blossom) season is ume (plum blossom) season. Here are 25 spots in and around Fukuoka for ume viewing!
Feb 1, 2019
- JR Kyushu Announces Metropolis in the Sky JR Kyushu announced the establishment of a project team to develop a new "metropolis in the sky" above JR Hakata Station. Company president Toshihiko Aoyagi announced the concept for the new project at a press conference on Mar. 19, while explaining the company's mid-term plan for 2019-2021. With the extension of... More
- New Camping Site Opens at Gokayama Dam, Nakagawa City A new camping site Gokayama Cross opened on the lakeside of the Gokayama Dam in Nakagawa City. The park, accessible both from the Fukuoka and Saga prefectures, has the concept of "people gathering and mingling in an environment where water and green harmonize." The park consists of four... More
- Kumamoto Based Soy Manufacturer Makes Inroads Overseas Hamadaya Shoyu, Inc., an international soy sauce producer based in Kumamoto City marked its 200th anniversary on Mar. 18. Attendees were invited into a renewed brewery house. After being damaged by the Kumamoto Earthquake, the cellar was renovated by internationally known architect Kengo Kuma. In 2016, not long after the disaster, the brewery partnered with... More
- New Shimonoseki-Kitakyushu Road Feasibility Research Begins Pre-research for the construction of a Shimonoseki-Kitakyushu Road was released by the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism on Mar. 19. Minister Keiichi Ishii revealed the proposed plans after meeting the prefectural governors of Fukuoka and Yamaguchi, who expressed support for the idea. The Shimonoseki-Kitakyushu Road will be the third route to connect the islands of... More
- Residential Land in Fukuoka Prefecture Rises for 7th Consecutive Year According to the latest land value report issued by the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism, residential land prices in Fukuoka Prefecture has risen by 2.6% compared to the previous year. The trend was especially evident in the combined metropolitan area of Fukuoka, where residential land prices of all... More