Jun 15, 2020
Fukuoka Now Mail Magazine - FREE!
Did you know we publish a weekly email newsletter with a list of news topics and reports in English about Fukuoka and Kyushu? Stay subscribed to The Now! and you’ll never miss a beat - it's free!
Oct 27, 2020
Itoshima Kakigoya – Oyster Hut Guide 2020-2021
The coastline of Itoshima is dotted with small fishing ports. At some of these are kakigoya (oyster huts) where Fukuoka locals...
Nov 27, 2020
Nishidori Parlour – Small Space with Big Punch
Occupying a prime street-level spot just a few steps in from Nishi-dori this place surprises!
Jan 12, 2021
Three Unforgettable Days at The Ritz-Carlton, Kyoto
With overseas travel shut down, we thought about where we wanted to travel within Japan, and the answer was obvious – Kyoto. We hadn’t been there in years, and now with fewer tourists in the city than ever, we jumped on a bullet train and made The Ritz-Carlton, Kyoto, our base for three unforgettable days of culture, fine food, and exercise.
- Annual Traffic Fatalities in Fukuoka Continue to Decline According to the Fukuoka Prefectural Police Headquarters, the total number of people who died in traffic accidents in the prefecture last year was 91, a decrease of 7 from the previous year and the lowest since statistics began... More
- Nagasaki City Declares Its Own State of Emergency On January 16, Nagasaki Prefecture issued its own state of emergency for Nagasaki City. The prefectural governor, Hodo Nakamura, held a press conference in which he requested the residents for... More
- Kitakyushu-based Toto Unveils Advanced Concept Toilet at CES in USA Toto Ltd. unveiled its concept ‘Wellness Toilet,’ at one of the world’s largest tech events. During the first online edition of CES, the Kitakyushu-based manufacturer presented some features of its health-analyzing toilet... More
- Kushida Shrine Otafuku Celebrates 60th Anniversary The seasonal presentation of a giant ‘otafuku’ gate at Kushida Shrine’s entrance in Fukuoka City celebrates its sixtieth year anniversary this year. The smiling face of the Otafuku lady is believed to bring luck to the visitors who walked through... More
- New Publication by UN-Habitat Office in Fukuoka Released The Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific of UN-Habitat in Fukuoka recently published “Key Findings and Messages” (available in Japanese and English,) a summarized report based on “World Cities Report 2020” by UN-Habitat. The original report was... More
ACROS Lunchtime Concert Volume 87 - Special Edition - Chill out with Classical Music - Ryo Fukawa and Friends
Events DATE: Feb 13, 2021