Tori Tori Kenkyudan
Despite its location outside the perimeter of Hakata Station, people flock to Toritori Kenkyudan to enjoy its many signature chicken dishes...
Oct 30, 2019
Itoshima Kakigoya – Oyster Hut Guide 2019-2020
The coastline of Itoshima is dotted with small fishing ports. At some of these are kakigoya (oyster huts) where Fukuoka locals...
Oct 27, 2017
megane coffee & spirits
In Oct. 2019, former salaryman Takeharu Sugawara opened a unique new yatai...
Nov 28, 2019
Jan 2019 Fukuoka Now
Boom! We begin the decade with Daizenji Tamataregu Oniyo, the firey winter festival on the cover. And nothing warms...
Nov 28, 2019
- Former Daimyo Elementary School Site Obtains Advantageous Designation The ongoing redevelopment project at the site of former Daimyo Elementary School has been appointed as one of the nation's urban revival projects. The Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport, and Tourism made an official announcement on January 10. The Ministry has... More
- Kyuden to Launch Online Tourism Platform Kyushu Electricity Power Co., Inc. has announced the launch of a new online platform for tourism. Using its extensive network across Kyushu, the company aims to collectively introduce tourism information to inbound high net worth travelers through a new website. Starting in... More
- Kumamoto City Releases Multilingual App for Garbage Pickup Kumamoto City released a new smartphone application to explain waste separation rules for non-Japanese speakers this month. The new service explains the seemingly complex rules of waste separation and collection in easy-to-understand Japanese, Chinese, and English. The nation's... More
- Increasing Number of Highly Profitable Kyushu-based Companies On January 9. the Fukuoka Branch of Tokyo Shoko Research released a list of Kyushu-based companies that achieved outstanding results in the fiscal year 2018. The number of firms is up by 11.5% from the previous year, with a total of 571 listed companies meeting... More
- Hakata no Mori to be Renamed Best Denki Stadium Naming rights for one of Fukuoka’s largest sports facilities was awarded to Best Denki, a Fukuoka-based electronics and appliance reseller. The current nickname, Level Five Stadium, will be changed to... More