Jul 3, 2020
Fukuoka Fireworks Guide 2020
Summer in Japan isn’t complete without experiencing at least one hanabi taikai (fireworks festival)!
Jul 21, 2020
Handa Sukajan – Japanese Souvenir Jackets – Fukuoka
The only problem with choosing a souvenir from Japan is there are just too many to choose from! Sure they all look great while you’re in Japan, but what about after you’re back home? How comfortable are you going to be...
Jun 15, 2020
Fukuoka Now Mail Magazine - FREE!
Did you know we publish a weekly email newsletter with a list of news topics and reports in English about Fukuoka and Kyushu? Stay subscribed to The Now! and you’ll never miss a beat - it's free!
Jul 31, 2020
Boss E•ZO Fukuoka – Opening Report
Boss E•ZO Fukuoka, an “exciting entertainment zone,” opened on July 21, 2020 and Fukuoka Now was invited to report on it a few days in advance. The biggest draw is...
- Fukuoka City Records Highest Tax Income for Seventh Consecutive Year On August 4, Fukuoka City announced record-high tax revenues for the fiscal year of 2019. The city estimated a total income of ¥344 billion, up by 3.6% from the previous year. Thanks to population growth and an increase in home construction and... More
- Smartphone-based Bento Pickup & Delivery Service Launched A social trial for a multi-restaurant meal delivery service began in the Tenjin area of Fukuoka City on August 6. The coronavirus-inspired service is run by Tokyo-based Timee Delivery, in collaboration with Charichari bicycle-share service and... More
- Large Gatchapon (Capsule Toys) Store Opens in Fukuoka Bandai Namco Amusement Inc. opened one of Japan’s largest capsule toy shops inside Canal City. The ‘Gashapon Department Store’ offers 2,200 capsule-toy vending machines for all generations, and with knowledgeable staff on hand. In addition to providing... More
- Fukuoka Prefecture Records Fourth Consecutive Day With over 100 Infections On August 8, Fukuoka Prefecture announced 150 more cases of the new coronavirus infection. The daily count has topped one hundred for the fourth straight day. Also, the cumulative total for the prefecture has reached 2,903. The prefectural governor, More
- Printing Company Produces Clear Barriers With Scenic Scenes of Itoshima The impact of the spread of the new coronavirus has seen many local businesses in Itoshima introduce plastic infection-prevention sheets. However, these make for an awkward aesthetic inside otherwise stylish cafes and shops More