Rediscover the Magic of Goto, a World Heritage Site
A cluster of 140 islands off the western coast of Kyushu makes up the Goto Islands. Blessed with beautiful scenery...
Jan 17, 2020
Arita: The Origins of Japanese Porcelain
Arita is the birthplace of porcelain in Japan and since the first porcelain was fired in the early 17th century...
Nov 28, 2019
Tora Shokudo Fukuoka Bunten
Shirakawa Ramen, from Shirakawa in Fukushima Pref., is a rich but subtle soy sauce ramen served with hand-kneaded curly noodles. At Tora Shokudo Fukuoka Bunten lines form as soon as...
Jan 28, 2020
Katsue is a reservation-only restaurant that serves mizutaki (chicken hot pot), a local specialty—perfect for entertaining out-of-town guests. The rich soup is made from...
Jan 28, 2020
- Subscription Service for Condominium Repair Expanding A Kitakyushu based, fixed-rate service for apartment maintenance is gaining increased attention. The unique subscription service launched... More
- First COVID-19 Coronavirus in Fukuoka Today, February 20, Fukuoka City announced that a Japanese man in his sixties has become infected with COVID-19 (new coronavirus). This is the first confirmed infection involving a resident of Kyushu. The man has reportedly never traveled overseas. We will post more information as it becomes available. More
- Kitakyushu City Supporting Low Carbon Initiatives Overseas Kitakyushu City is working on reducing plastic wastes in Southeast-Asian countries through a partnership with the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP.) The city's private... More
- Universities in Kyushu Prepare to Deal with COVID-19 Amid looming fears of the new type of virus, COVID-19, universities, and colleges in Kyushu are considering... More
- Finally, Snow Falls in Fukuoka The record-latest first snowfall was observed in Fukuoka City in the early morning of February 17. With a strong cold... More