Oct 9, 2020
Fukuoka Autumn Leaves Guide 2020
The best time to view koyo in Fukuoka is a little late or the same as last year. Fukuoka Now has selected some of the best spots near Fukuoka – complete with links to useful weather resources, photographs, maps, and more!
Nov 27, 2020
Nishidori Parlour – Small Space with Big Punch
Occupying a prime street-level spot just a few steps in from Nishi-dori this place surprises!
Apr 14, 2020
Fukuoka COVID-19 news & information in English
Fukuoka Now is posting daily news summaries in English about the COVID-19 situation of importance to residents of Fukuoka and Kyushu. Keep yourself informed!
- Update: Monkey Apprehended Inside Fukuoka City Hall A monkey was on the loose in Tenjin for the third day as of the morning of Dec. 5, despite attempts by local police officers and firefighters to continue to capture the monkey held up inside the parking lot on the basement floor of Fukuoka City Hall. Attempts to catch the monkey using a trap last night failed, as the monkey cleverly picked up the food in front of the cage without setting off the trap. The monkey has been inside the car park since the evening of Dec. 3, after it was first discovered at Suzaki Park earlier the same day. The city plans to return the monkey to the mountain. More
- Monkey Leads Police On Chase Inside Fukuoka City Hall On Dec. 3, a monkey was found running around Chuo Ward, Fukuoka City. The first report to the police was made by a resident who witnessed it running through Suzaki Park. The monkey was then found at the Tenjin Big Bang construction site before running away from the police into the basement parking lot inside Fukuoka City Hall. More
- International Engineer Recruitment Collaboration Launched Nishi-Nippon Financial Holdings, Inc. (NNFH) announced a partnership with the Tokyo-based international staffing company, One Terrace. The two companies will facilitate recruiting highly-skilled foreign engineers to clients of NNFH and other companies and... More
- Massive Gorilla Scarecrow Cheers Up Locals A massive gorilla-shaped scarecrow greets visitors to Yasunosato Park in Chikuzen Town. Locals built the 7-meter high straw gorilla to celebrate the town’s annual scarecrow festival. Organizers canceled the bazaar and stage programs to reduce the risk... More
- JR Kyushu Considers Selling Off Beetles JR Kyushu is considering selling three of their Beetle cruise ships, as the prolonged impact of the new coronavirus spread forces the company to downsize its marine-tourism business. These vessels served the international route between Hakata and Busan until... More
Room of Fukuoka Asian Art Museum Residence vol. 3 - Originated in Kawabata Shotengai
Dec 1, 2020 Events