Itoshima Kakigoya – Oyster Hut Guide 2019-2020
The coastline of Itoshima is dotted with small fishing ports. At some of these are kakigoya (oyster huts) where Fukuoka locals...
Oct 27, 2017
Mar 2020 Fukuoka Now
Nearby Saga Prefecture was to host this year’s Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants event, but alas, the COVID-19 virus forced its cancellation. But all is not lost! You still can read our feature on...
Mar 2, 2020
Yanagawa Hina Festival 2020
Every year on Mar. 3, Hina (Doll) Festivals are held to pray for the health of young girls. The day is known as Momo no Sekku, a date that traditionally marked the coming of spring. The custom is said to have begun in...
Feb 27, 2020
Yame is an area located south of Fukuoka City that is rich in beautiful nature. Over the years it has developed a reputation as a...
Feb 28, 2020
- Fukuoka Governor Ask Public To Stay Home - Cases Rise To 22 Fukuoka Prefecture announced six additional confirmed cases of COVID-19 infection this evening. Governor Ogawa of Fukuoka Prefecture held an extraordinary press conference and asked the public to refrain from unnecessary outings beginning this evening (March 28) until and including the evening of Sunday, March 29. Regarding the six news cases, the four cases... More
- Apple Fukuoka Closes Temporarily While most shops, restaurants, and businesses remain open, some stores in Tenjin have closed, including Apple Store (Apple Fukuoka) on Nishi-dori. Here’s the notice we found on their door. More
- Fukuoka’s Preferred Residential Areas Revealed Rankings of the most preferred residential areas in Fukuoka Prefecture and Fukuoka City were released on Mar. 26 by Recruit Sumai Company Ltd. The area of Hakata topped both rankings, followed by Yakuin, where improved... More
- Island Eye, New Commercial Facility Opens on Island City Island Eye, a large scale shopping and entertainment facility opens today (March 27) in Fukuoka's Island City. The commercial complex, designed to host "everyday" and "special" experiences for its customers, includes a... More
- LGBT Couple Sues Kumamoto City Government An LGBT couple in Kumamoto City is suing the city for violation of the constitution. The men, who have been recognized by the city's partnership system, submitted an official marriage notification to... More