Oct 29, 2021
Itoshima Kakigoya – Oyster Hut Guide 2021-2022
The coastline of Itoshima is dotted with small fishing ports. At some of these are kakigoya (oyster huts) where Fukuoka locals...
Jan 25, 2022
Fukuoka Strawberry Picking Guide 2022
Strawberry picking is a popular activity in Japan and Fukuoka is famous for its big, sweet strawberries. Now’s the time to go a-picking!
Jul 12, 2021
Itoshima, a beautiful area on the western edge of Fukuoka with beautiful beaches and lush green mountains and fields. Check "Itoshima Now" for original reports by people who know the area well.
Dec 10, 2021
Exploring Itoshima’s Fishing Villages – Uotabi Tour #2
November in Itoshima is when winter seafood starts to come into season and people can enjoy the delicious delicacies the region has to offer...
Nov 10, 2021
Exploring Itoshima’s Fishing Villages – Uotabi Tour #1
Surrounded by the sea and dotted with fishing villages, Itoshima’s characteristic landscape combined with the activities of its people makes for a unique atmosphere…in this report we share scenes from a recent tour of fishing villages in Itoshima.
- IMPORTANT - Corona Special Alert Issued To Prevent Spread Of Virus In response to the spread of the new coronavirus, priority measures to prevent the spread of the virus have been applied to Fukuoka Prefecture from today. The measures will be in effect until the 20th of next month. Governor Hattori told... More
- Fukuoka’s LGBT Program To Launch Apr 1 An LGBT partnership program for Fukuoka Prefecture will officially launch on Apr. 1, 2022. As the sixth prefecture in Japan to introduce a program of this kind, Fukuoka will begin issuing certificate cards to couples of 18 years old or above... More
- Metaverse Program Used on Construction Site in Kyushu MLIT’s Kyushu Regional Development Bureau achieved the first application of metaverse in civil engineering. The newly developed system leverages a 3D gaming model to create realistic graphics of construction sites, allowing stakeholders to... More
- Kyuden Group Company Invests In UAE Undersea Cable Project Two companies belonging to the Kyushu Electric Power (Kyuden) group have invested in an undersea cable development project in UAE. The program would install two undersea cables to transmit clean power from the mainland for 35 years from 2025... More
- National Rugby Team Base To Be Established in Kashiihama Japan Rugby Football Union (JRFU) will develop a new home ground for the national team in Higashi Ward of Fukuoka City. The union would invest substantially to reinforce the facility of Sawayaka Sports Hiroba... More
Nicolai Bergmann Flower Exhibition in Resola Tenjin
Events DATE: Jan 28, 2022 - Jan 30, 2022