Japanese Salon Shizuku
Shizuku’s mission is to redefine standard cocktails. Focusing on green tea, the bar offers an extensive menu of original cocktails made with spirits...
Jan 28, 2020
Itoshima Kakigoya – Oyster Hut Guide 2019-2020
The coastline of Itoshima is dotted with small fishing ports. At some of these are kakigoya (oyster huts) where Fukuoka locals...
Oct 27, 2017
Rediscover the Magic of Goto, a World Heritage Site
A cluster of 140 islands off the western coast of Kyushu makes up the Goto Islands. Blessed with beautiful scenery...
Jan 17, 2020
Feb 2020 Fukuoka Now
Lots happening this month in and around Fukuoka! If you enjoy sipping nihonshu then...
Jan 28, 2020
- AEON to Open Their Largest Mall in Former Space World A large-scale outlet mall, The Outlet, will open on the former Space World site in the spring of 2022. On February 19, Aeon Mall Corporation announced the outline of the new shopping... More
- Fukuoka City Planning on New Roads in Tenjin Detailed plans for extending Tenjin-dori as a detour route for Watanabe-dori Ave. were announced at Fukuoka City Assembly on February 19. The city has been working on the project to... More
- Chikugo-gawa Fireworks Festival Rescheduled for Fall The committee for Chikugo-gawa Fireworks Festival announced that their annual summer event would be rescheduled to October 25. The fireworks festival boasting a 360-year history traditionally takes place on... More
- JR Kyushu Adds Remote Support for Unmanned Stations A new support center for unmanned train stations on the JR Kyushu Ibusuki-Makurazaki Line were shown to the media. As the company increases the number of unmanned stations for the line, safety cameras and... More
- Fukuoka City Sets Up Free Water Dispensers Fukuoka City will introduce ten free water stations to encourage use of personal mugs and bottles. Using a budget of ¥16 million, the city will introduce water dispensers inside public facilities such as... More