Jul 21, 2020
Handa Sukajan – Japanese Souvenir Jackets – Fukuoka
The only problem with choosing a souvenir from Japan is there are just too many to choose from! Sure they all look great while you’re in Japan, but what about after you’re back home? How comfortable are you going to be...
Oct 27, 2020
Itoshima Kakigoya – Oyster Hut Guide 2020-2021
The coastline of Itoshima is dotted with small fishing ports. At some of these are kakigoya (oyster huts) where Fukuoka locals...
Oct 6, 2020
Wednesday’s Are For Ladies at Wolfgang’s Steakhouse
Did you know that Wolfgang’s Steakhouse Fukuoka offers a special ladies’ lunch deal on Wednesdays? It’s a fabulous deal for sure, but only available on Wednesdays from 11:30 to 14:30.
Oct 21, 2020
Fukuoka Halloween Guide 2020
When October rolls around in Fukuoka, Halloween spirit fills the air with the shops and window displays decorated in black and orange. With it comes a number of Halloween parties, and...
- Final Five Days For Tiempo Iberoamericano's Crowdfund Project NPO Tiempo Iberoamericano is a Latin cultural center based in Fukuoka that has for 23 years introduced Latin culture from dance, music, arts, language to food to the city of Fukuoka (and beyond.) They are also the organizers of special events, such as Isla de Salsa, Vivela, and Sakura Tango and Sancho Panza operator, a restaurant serving authentic Latin American cuisine. More
- World's First Recycled Paper Diaper Tested in Kagoshima Unicharm Corporation announced the expansion of its Kagoshima-based diaper recycling project into the next decade. Since 2016, the company has conducted public trials to collect and... More
- First Passenger Cruise Ship Since Corona Outbreak Docks in Kyushu The first cruise ship since the outbreak of the new coronavirus arrived at Sasebo Port on Oct. 26. The ship, Nippon Maru, docked with some 200 passengers onboard. The vessel followed More
- Local Airline Star Flyer Seeks Investment Funds The Kitakyushu-based airline company, Star Flyer Inc., is preparing to increase its funding by around ¥10 billion. The impact of the new coronavirus spread caused the company... More
- Softbank Hawks Win Pacific League Championship 2020 While our hometown heroes, the Softbank Hawks, won the Nippon Series the last three years in a row (2017, 2018, and 2019), tonight, they were crowned the Pacific Champions for the first time in three years. More
Fukuoka City Museum’s 30th Anniversary Special exhibition. Treasures of Fukuoka - Castle, Town and its People
Oct 27, 2020 Events