Apr 5, 2021
Itoshima – One of the Most Liveable Small Cities in the World
Monocle magazine and I agree on a lot of things. Ever since I flipped through its first issue in February 2007, I’ve felt like it’s one of very few Western media that really...
Oct 29, 2021
Itoshima Kakigoya – Oyster Hut Guide 2021-2022
The coastline of Itoshima is dotted with small fishing ports. At some of these are kakigoya (oyster huts) where Fukuoka locals...
Oct 29, 2021
Fukuoka Autumn Leaves Guide 2021
The best time to view koyo in Fukuoka is a little late or the same as last year. Fukuoka Now has selected some of the best spots near Fukuoka – complete with links to useful weather resources, photographs, maps, and more!
Nov 12, 2021
Winter Illumination Guide 2021
Nightfall comes earlier as winter approaches, and Fukuoka City transforms into a glimmering spectacle as shops and public spaces display elaborate Christmas lights. Check out Fukuoka Now’s Illumination Guide for this year’s recommended spots.
- StarLux To Launch Fukuoka Taipei Route The Taiwanese airline company, Starlux, will launch a Fukuoka-Taipei route in 2022. Beginning on February 17, Starlux will operate its 188-seat jet weekly on Thursdays. Additional Tuesday flights will also... More
- PayPay Dome Welcomes Guests on the Field PayPay Dome welcomes fans to walk onto its playing field on Saturdays and Sundays until Dec 5. Entrants can enjoy playing catch and taking photos in the outfield for free, or apply for paid... More
- Tax Refund Frauds On The Rise in Fukuoka The number of tax refund fraud cases reported in Fukuoka City has increased considerably. With 75 such cases reported within 2021, the city and the local police ask people to look out for suspicious phone calls: Some criminal groups called up... More
- Kyudai Becomes Kyushu’s First Designated National University As of November 22, Kyushu University became Japan’s tenth ‘designated national university corporation.’ Kyudai is now the only university in the Kyushu-Okinawa region with such recognition; it enjoys expanded opportunities to... More
- Nozomi Shinkansen (Tokyo-Hakata) Free for Children Between Nov 24 ~ Dec 19 Rides on the Nozomi shinkansen will be free for children 11 and under for a limited time. From Nov. 24 ~ Dec. 19, the Nozomi (Hakata-Tokyo) operating companies will allow each IC-ticket passenger to travel with up... More
Eat Namako Mochi on New Year’s Eve at Hakozakigu Shrine
Events DATE: Dec 31, 2021
Drag Queen No Light, No Queen - Photo by Nagi Yoshida
Events DATE: Nov 30, 2021 - Dec 12, 2021
Hakata Doll Exhibition: Japanese Zodiac and Good Luck Charms of the Tiger
Events DATE: Nov 29, 2021 - Dec 5, 2021