Doriano Sulis – Chikuzen Biwa Artisan
Doriano Sulis, an Italian-native artisan of Chikuzen biwa (Japanese lute), has launched a crowdfunding project to save the traditional instrument from disappearing due to lack of knowledgeable craftspersons. The...
Jun 12, 2020
Fukuoka City Museum and Fukuoka Public Library
The four bronze statues in front of the museum and library were sculpted by...
Jun 29, 2020
Caitac Square Garden – New Commercial Facility Opens in Tenjin
A new commercial facility located on Kokutai-dori Ave. featuring...
Jun 12, 2020
- Summer Bonus Paid to Public Servants - Ogawa Gov. and Mayors of Fukuoka and Kitakyushu Cut Their Bonus Summer bonuses were paid to local civil servants on June 30. The average bonus for Fukuoka Prefecture stands at ¥808,498 (-1.2% compared to the year before; 43 year-old administrative position,) while that of... More
- Passenger Flights at Fukuoka Airport Significantly Increased Airline companies are gradually increasing the number of domestic flights in and out of Fukuoka Airport, reflecting relaxed requests for refraining from... More
- New Beer is Perfect for Hiking Sapporo Breweries Ltd. released a limited production beer ‘Otsukaresan Beer’ in collaboration with a Fukuoka-based hiking application company, Yamap. A guide working for Yamap applied for Sapporo’s ‘Hoppin’ Garage’ project... More
- Free Bamboo Fans With Amabie Design at Kawabata Shopping Arcade Kawabata Shotengai, a covered shopping arcade in central Fukuoka, will distribute ‘amabie’ designed hand-held fans to shoppers. The association created five-thousand pieces of the bamboo-made fans, hoping to ward off the new coronavirus and bring... More
- Shiki Theatre Company Pulls Out of Canal City Shiki Theatre Company announced the termination of its contract with Canal City Theatre. The national theater production firm, also known as Gekidan Shiki, opened the first private theater in Kyushu in 1996. Their performances of “The Lion King” and other... More
Summer Bonus Paid to Public Servants - Ogawa Gov. and Mayors of Fukuoka and Kitakyushu Cut Their Bonus
Jul 2, 2020 Local News