Feb 24, 2021
Making the Ordinary Special ~ A Luxurious Overnight Journey to Saga ~
For this report, we took a two-day trip next door to Saga prefecture to spruce up our everyday lives. We visited Ureshino Onsen, known as one of Japan’s Top Three Hot Springs for Beautiful Skin, and Arita, one of the country’s most well-known ceramic production centers....
Mar 26, 2021
Two Nights & Three Days of Spring in Kagoshima. Islands, Shochu and Dinner on a Train!
On our tour, you will visit the beautiful but not well known Koshikijima islands...
Mar 22, 2021
Wolfgang’s Steakhouse Fukuoka
Wolfgang’s seafood platters – what better way to celebrate a special occasion? Ideal for families or couples for lunch or dinner. There’s more than great steak at Wolfgang’s.
Mar 19, 2021
New! - Guide to Hands-On Kurume Kasuri Experiences
Interested in textiles and natural dyes? Then you’ll want to check out this new guide to hands-on experiences with indigo dyeing and hand weaving at Kurume Kasuri studios...
- Updated Details For Fukuoka’s State Of Emergency (important) In response to the national government's inclusion of Fukuoka Prefecture in the ongoing state of emergency, the prefecture updated its requests for residents and local businesses to suppress the spread of the new coronavirus. Here are some key points that will be added to or changed to the ongoing requests. More
- Fukuoka’s Coca-Cola Red Sparks Rugby Team to Disband Coca-cola Bottlers Japan Inc. announced plans to disband their professional rugby team, the Coca-Cola Red Sparks, at the end of 2021. The team, established in 1966, has been based in Fukuoka and played in Japan’s Top Challenge League since 2006. More
- Travel in Fukuoka Prefecture During Golden Week Went Up More people participated in tourism activities in Fukuoka during the 2021 Golden Week holidays, compared to the previous year. JR Kyushu announced on May 6 that the number of passengers on its trains and shinkansen between Apr. 28 ~ May 5 was seven times larger than last year. Starflyer also reported around a 760% increase in the number of passengers on its flights between Apr. 29 ~ May 5. More
- Olympic Torch Relay in Fukuoka’s Streets Cancelled On May 6, Fukuoka Prefecture announced its intention to cancel its Olympic Torch Relay on public streets. As the region sits on the brink of the announcement of the third state of emergency in the next few days, the prefectural governor, Seitaro Hattori, More
- State of Emergency for Fukuoka Prefecture Announced On the morning of May 7, the national government finalized plans to include Fukuoka Prefecture to the ongoing state of emergency. The extended state of emergency takes effect in Fukuoka from May 12 ~ May 31. Fukuoka Now will post more details as they become available. More
Isao Takahata Exhibition: A Legend in Japanese Animation
Events DATE: Apr 29, 2021 - Jul 18, 2021
Evangelion x Fukuoka Tower: Fukuoka Tower Supplementary Plan
Events DATE: Mar 27, 2021 - Jun 13, 2021