Nov 27, 2020
Nishidori Parlour – Small Space with Big Punch
Occupying a prime street-level spot just a few steps in from Nishi-dori this place surprises!
Jun 15, 2020
Fukuoka Now Mail Magazine - FREE!
Did you know we publish a weekly email newsletter with a list of news topics and reports in English about Fukuoka and Kyushu? Stay subscribed to The Now! and you’ll never miss a beat - it's free!
Oct 27, 2020
Itoshima Kakigoya – Oyster Hut Guide 2020-2021
The coastline of Itoshima is dotted with small fishing ports. At some of these are kakigoya (oyster huts) where Fukuoka locals...
Feb 24, 2021
Making the Ordinary Special ~ A Luxurious Overnight Journey to Saga ~
For this report, we took a two-day trip next door to Saga prefecture to spruce up our everyday lives. We visited Ureshino Onsen, known as one of Japan’s Top Three Hot Springs for Beautiful Skin, and Arita, one of the country’s most well-known ceramic production centers....
- 85 People Move To Kitakyushu City - A New Record A record-high number of people moved to Kitakyushu City in the past ten months. The city revealed that the number of people who moved to the city in the fiscal year of 2020 reached 85 as of January 2021... More
- New Commercial Facility Opens in Nagahama A new commercial facility opened in the Nagahama area of Fukuoka City. The opening of Kitera Town Fukuoka Nagahama will make living in Nagahama much more convenient. Sunny supermarket... More
- JR Kyushu Cancels Recruitment for Fiscal 2021 JR Kyushu has canceled recruitment activities to acquire new staff for the fiscal year of 2021. On Feb. 25, the company announced its first such cancelation in thirty-four years. To survive... More
- JR Kyushu Carries Cargo on Shinkansen Passenger Seats JR Kyushu Railway Company and Sagawa Express Co., Ltd. are set to begin shinkansen (bullet train) parcel shipping services in May 2021. On Feb. 24, the two companies conducted a trial to ship... More
- Fukuoka Prefecture Gubernatorial Set for April 11 Fukuoka’s next gubernatorial election is scheduled for April 11. The election period will begin officially on Mar. 25, the day after the resignation of the present governor, Hiroshi Ogawa.... More
24th Kurume Kasuri Ai, Ai, Deai (Indigo, Love, Encounter) Festival
Events DATE: Mar 20, 2021 - Mar 21, 2021
The 2nd Year of Reiwa - New Exhibition of Kurume Kasuri - Important Intangible Cultural Assets
Events DATE: Mar 1, 2021 - Mar 7, 2021
Toshiaki Tashiro Solo Exhibition ”The New Sun is Rising”
Events DATE: Feb 6, 2021 - Feb 28, 2021