Fukuoka Autumn Leaves Guide 2018
The best time to view koyo in Fukuoka is a little late this year. Fukuoka Now has selected some of the best spots near Fukuoka – complete with links to useful weather resources, photographs, maps, and...
Oct 27, 2017
On the 10th floor of Kitte Hakata is a laid-back soba restaurant called Hanagen Honzenan. The noodles are carefully crafted every morning from...
Oct 29, 2018
November 2018 Fukuoka Now
Autumn is an especially good time to enjoy food in Japan and this issue has heaps of foodie info to sink your teeth into!
Oct 29, 2018
Merican Barber Shop Fuk
Merican, located down a dark and twisting stairway, bills itself as a modern-day speakeasy. But wait, it’s a barber shop too?!
Oct 29, 2018
- Kyudenko Pursue Stable Solar Power Kyudenko Corporation is looking to commercialize a system that can distribute solar power in a stable manner. The company has developed a low cost energy management system that makes use of an inexpensive lead storage battery. The new setup will be tested in... More
- Toyota Kyushu to Produce Lexus ES Toyota's Kyushu-based factory will start producing Lexus ES vehicles. A commemorative ceremony was held at the Toyota Motor Kyushu Co., Ltd. Miyata Factory, Miyawaka City, in late October to celebrate the announcement. Approximately 300 people attended the event, including Toyota Motor Corporation Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer Osamu Nagata. The company is hoping to... More
- Nishitetsu Looking to Raise Fares On November 8, Nishi-Nippon Railroad Co Ltd. President and CEO Sumio Kuratomi announced at a press conference that the company is looking to increase fares. Nishitetsu issued the statement after it was revealed that the government is looking to raise consumption tax to 10% next October. Prime Minister Shinzo Abe presented the... More
- Efforts to Support Married Couples and Young Families Representatives from all the prefectures in Kyushu and Yamaguchi met with individuals from the business world on October to explore how to create a society that is more supportive of young families. The forum looked at how first the workplace and then society can establish initiatives which will help newly married couples and... More
- Number of Foreign Tourists Entering Kyushu Declines Kyushu District Transport Bureau reported that the number of foreign tourists entered Kyushu area in August 2018 (442,037 persons) had decreased comparing to that of 2017. It was the first time in five years to have less tourists than the same month of the previous year. The main reason is... More
Fukuoka City National Strategic Special Zone (3) “Financial Aid for Renting Residential and Office Spaces”
Nov 5, 2018 Now Reports