London’s safety is threatened by three bombs planted by a villain, and it’s up to you and your team to deactivate them in order to save the day! This is the premise of the Detective Conan Escape Game, a real-time, mystery-solving event currently ongoing at Solaria Stage in Tenjin, Fukuoka. Fans of the popular anime Detective Conan will find this setting familiar, but the best thing about it is they will get to solve the mystery themselves with the help of heroes Conan Edogawa and Heiji Hattori. Definitely a must-do for Detective Conan fans. Fukuoka Now tried it out – read on about our experience below! (Spoiler: we failed to deactivate the last bomb… But we did our very best!)
Participants are grouped into separate tables of up to six members. If you come alone or with a friend, you will be joined with other groups. A great chance to meet new people and make friends!
We opted to do the game in beginner mode (the other mode is normal) since it’s entirely in Japanese. Quite a good practice for those who want to test out their Japanese reading skills. If you get stuck, helpful staff are always there to assist you and push you to the right direction.
Clues are scattered around the room, adding to the excitement as players have to run here and there to solve the puzzles and beat the time limit. It’s a very interactive game which a group of friends, classmates, or even families will have fun solving. Players really have to put their heads together to finish the game. An entire round lasts for around two hours. If you’re going in the evening, it would be a good idea to eat before playing as food and drink aren’t allowed inside.
After beating the game, treat yourselves to a photo opportunity with Conan and Hattori!
Detective Conan Escape Game runs until Sep. 10 (Sun.).
• 8/30 (Wed.) ~ 9/10 (Sun.)
• Starting times vary per day. Please check the times here.
• Adv.: adult ¥2,900, student ¥2,500, group ¥16,800 (one table, up to six persons) / Same-day tickets: adult ¥3,100, student ¥2,700
• Student classification: junior high school students and above. Those who wish to buy tickets at the student price should bring their student identification.
• Same-day tickets are sold from 30 minutes before the start each session. Please note that each session is limited to around 200 participants, and that same-day tickets will not be available in case online tickets are already sold out. For the online ticket sale, please refer to this website.
• Nishitetsu Hall
• Solaria Stage 6F, 2-11-3 Tenjin, Chuo-ku
• 092-751-2013 (Ticket Pia Kyushu)