Students collapse onto the floor in laughter as you finish the song with an exaggerated flourish, feigning exhaustion after speeding up the actions faster and faster. You transition the students to their seats and begin showing them the full-colour flashcards that introduce the monthly themes. This week the students are learning about cooperation. You explain that the Japanese character, the American character, and the Brazilian character each celebrate their cultural festivals in unique ways, but that they all require cooperation to run successfully. You point the attention of the students to the costumes in the image, the floats and parades, the dancing and the games. Finally, you announce it is game time, and play a fun game that helps the students connect the language and the theme.
Established in 1985, Tokyo International School Group (TISG) runs Tokyo International School Afterschool (TISAS), Tokyo International School Kindergarten (TISKG), and Tokyo International School Learning Through English (TISLTE) at our Nakameguro, Minami Azabu, Komazawa, Gakugeidai, and Shukugawa (Kobe) model school campuses. We also have franchise campuses based in Kachidoki (Chuo-ku), Maruyama (Sapporo), Chuo-ku (Fukuoka), and Kofu (Yamanashi).
We are currently looking to hire one Teacher for the TISLTE program for the April 2023 school year.
– The work week is Tuesday to Saturday.
– The daily work schedule is 11:00am to 8:00pm during the week and 9:00am to 6:00pm on Saturdays.
– Paid vacation days include:
— Saturday and Monday.
— Public holidays.
— Five days of flexible leave (after the first 6 months of employment).
— Obon period during summer.
— Two weeks in winter.
It must be mentioned that the Teacher is expected to put in the hours necessary to provide students with a learning experience of the highest possible quality.
We are looking for a confident, dedicated, and passionate teacher.
– Candidates must have a university degree
– Two years of experience (ideally working with elementary students in Japan).
– Some management experience is preferable.
– The school is located near Ropponmatsu station and Befu station on the Jonan line and Tojinmachi station and Nishijin station on the Kuko line.
– A training period of one week will be provided. Depending on when the teacher starts, this may be before classes start or on-the-job training.
The compensation package includes:.
– The wage will be 270,000 per month.
– Enrollment in the Social Insurance and Pension
— This is required.
— Company contributions are made on top of the stated wage level.
— Teacher contributions are deducted from their wage.
– Transportation is reimbursed up to 50,000 per month.
– TISG is providing recruitment services for the parent company, Eishinkan.
– TISG will screen resumes to ensure that minimum requirements are met.
— Candidates who meet the requirements will be contacted to arrange interviews.
— Candidates will be asked to provide copies of their residence card, passport, qualifications, and reference letters.
— Following the first round of interviews, candidates will be short-listed for the second round of interviews. This will include a trial lesson.
— These second-round interviews will be conducted with the Eishinkan management team, who will make the final decision.
— Once a final decision has been made, TISG will contact all second-round candidates to inform them of the decision.
— Finally, the successful candidate will meet with Eishinkan to sign employment documentation.
If you are interested in receiving more information about this position please send your resume along with a cover letter.