This exhibition features a range of artwork from the prewar Showa period (1926-1945). A selection of Western and Japanese-style paintings are displayed alongside sculptures that will highlight the trends in art that were prominent in the years building up to World War Two. The items featured offer a unique insight into the atmosphere of the early Showa years, shed light on the views that were prominent during that time, and reveal how artistic practices were influenced by the shadow of war.
Art from the Prewar Period – A Mirror that Reflects the Times –
• 3/17 (Sat.) ~ 6/10 (Sun.)
• Closed: Mon. (*open on Mon. 4/30)
• 10:00~18:00 (last entry 17:30)
• Adult ¥210, HS and college student ¥140, ES & JHS ¥60
• 4F exhibition room, Fukuoka Prefectural Museum of Art
• 5-2-1 Tenjin, Chuo-ku