Enjoy a fun day out and learn more about local disaster prevention measures at this mini-marathon in Kasuga. In the morning, runners in sumo outfits will race around a 1.6 km course. The organizers will lend 300 outfits to participants on a first-come first-serve basis, so get there early! A demonstration will be held later in the day to raise awareness about disasters and instruct people what to do in an emergency. Food stalls will also be set up at the venue for visitors looking for a bite.
• 3/16 (Sat.)
• Reception: 9:00, marathon start: 11:00, other events: 13:00
• Free (reservation required until 3/15 via email or fax)
• Kasuga Park (meeting place at Shibafu Hiroba)
• 3-1-4 Hara-machi, Kasuga City, Fukuoka
• Inquiry: 092-292-7341, Fax (reservation): 092-409-4416