Below is information regarding the application process for the Special Cash Payments for residents of (including Non-Japanese) Fukuoka City under the national government’s COVID-19 emergency economic countermeasures. The source for this information and all other official information can be found on the Fukuoka City website.
Special Cash Payments Announcement (updated May 22)
The information below is also available in English, Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, Nepali, and やさしい日本語 here.
Special Cash Payments for Fukuoka City Residents (Source: Fukuoka City)
As part of the national government’s COVID-19 Emergency Economic Countermeasures, special cash payments of ¥100,000 per person are being provided to provide financial relief to households. Submit the enclosed Special Cash Payments Application Form within the application period to receive the payment.
People registered as Fukuoka City residents as of April 27, 2020, are eligible to receive the payment.
Each eligible person will receive ¥100,000.
The payments for each household member will be paid in one lump sum to the head of household.
You can apply from the date you receive your application form until Monday, August 31, 2020.*
*Same day postmarks will be deemed valid.
Postal Application Procedures
*If you apply online you do not need to apply by post
(1) Send your application form & necessary documents by post in the return envelope provided. If any documents are missing, your application will be returned. Resubmit your application once you have provided the missing documents. Missing documents will delay the payment procedure, so double check your documents before sending your application.
(2) The payments will be transferred to the bank account provided on your application form.
The payments cannot be transferred to overseas bank accounts. Payments can be transferred only to Japanese bank accounts.
Caution: Beware Fraudulent Activities Related to the Special Cash Payments!
• You cannot apply for the payments using an ATM.
• You will not receive an e-mail asking you to click a URL to apply for the payments.
• You do not have to pay a service charge to transfer your payment.
Apart from attaching your supporting documents or filling out your application:
• Do not hand over your bank book or cash card.
• Do not tell anyone your PIN number, account number or My Number.
Application Form Guidance (English): https://www.city.fukuoka.lg.jp/data/open/cnt/3/75443/1/Application_EN.pdf
(1) How to Fill in the Application Form & How to Apply
Fukuoka City Special Cash Payments Call Center (Available until October 30, 2020)
Tel: 092-401-0826 Multilingual Helpline in English, Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese & Nepali
Open: Weekdays 9:00 – 18:00 (Also open weekends and public holidays during May & June.)
Inquiries by E-mail or Fax
We cannot verify your identity by e-mail or fax, so we cannot answer specific personal questions. We can answer general inquiries.
(2) Inquiries about the Payment System
Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications Special Cash Payments Call Center
Open: Weekdays 9:00 – 18:30
Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications Special Cash Payments Website
Information through the LINE Application
You can receive answers on how to fill in the application form, how to apply for the payments and other frequently asked questions through the Fukuoka City official LINE account.
How to Use:
(1) Add the Fukuoka City official account (福岡市) as a friend on LINE
(2) Tap About the Special Cash Payments option in the talk room
(3) Simply choose what information you want to know from the options
Support for Foreigners – Fukuoka City Official Website