Enjoy the European atmosphere of the Christmas season! This year marks the market’s 10th anniversary, which is held at three venues in the city center: in front of Hakata Station (from Nov. 11), in front of the City Hall Plaza in Tenjin (from Nov. 21), and at Daimaru Passage Plaza (from Nov. 19).
While the front of JR Hakata Station is shining brightly with illuminations, Fukuoka’s winter tradition, the Christmas Market, will be held again this year. Stalls will sell foods & drinks, such as hot wine, sausages, and traditional Christmas decorations.
The Christmas Market will also be held in the square in front of the city hall in Tenjin. Passing through a huge arch, a wooden Hutte and 100 life-sized Santa figurines welcome you! At the venue, paella made in a massive pan and other foods will be offered as traditional Christmas decorations.
The third area is in Nakasu in Fukuhaku Deai Bridge which will be decorated with a giant Christmas tree and glittering illuminations. This year, Tenjin Chuo Park will be added as a new illumination spot, and the entire park will shine with the lighting of the trees.
• 11/11 (Fri.) ~ 12/25 (Sun.)
• Weekdays 16:45~23:00, Sat., Sun. and hol.12:00~23:00
• JR Hakata Ekimae Hiroba
• 1-1 Hakataeki-chuogai, Hakata-ku, Fukuoka
• Kyushu Live: https://youtu.be/sk2eBOYSG4c (live streaming: 11/11 17:15~)
• 11/21 (Mon.) ~ 12/25 (Sun.) *Not open on Nov.26 (Sat.) and 27 (Sun.) due to another event.
• Weekdays 17:00~22:00, Sat., Sun. and hol. 12:00~22:00
• Fukuoka City Hall Fureai Hiroba, Elgala Passage
• 1-8-1 Tenjin, Chuo-ku, Fukuoka
Daimaru Passage Plaza Venue
• 11/19 (Sat.) ~ 12/25 (Sun.)
• Weekdays 16:00~21:00, Sat., Sun. and hol.12:00~21:00
• 1-4-1 Tenjin, Chuo-ku, Fukuoka
Nakasu Kibou no Hikari (illumination)
• 11/4 (Fri.) ~ 1/9 (Mon.)
• Nakasu Chuo-dori, Nakagawa-dori, Meiji-dori, Fukuhaku Deai Bridge
Tenjin Chuo Park (illumination)
• 11/17 (Thu.) ~ 1/9 (Mon., hol.)
• Marché held on Fri. and Sat, Sun.
• 1-1 Tenjin, Chuo-ku, Fukuoka
Fukuoka Airport (photo spot)
• 11/16 (Fri.) ~ 12/25 (Sun.)
• Fukuoka Airport 1F Arrivals / North Exit