Kurios – Cabinet of Curiosities. Cirque du Soleil’s 35th production since 1984 is coming to Fukuoka! If you haven’t experienced a Cirque du Soleil performance before, here is your chance. And if you have, this production is definitely not to be missed!
What if you could alter reality at will? Delve into Kurios, a world where seeing is disbelieving. In an alternate yet familiar past, in a place where wonders abound for those who trust their imagination, a Seeker discovers that in order to glimpse the marvels that lie just below the surface, we must first learn to close our eyes.
In his larger-than-life curio cabinet, the Seeker is convinced that there exists a hidden, invisible world – a place where the craziest ideas and the grandest dreams lie waiting. A collection of otherworldly characters suddenly steps into his makeshift mechanical world. When the outlandish, benevolent characters turn his world upside down with a touch of poetry and humor in an attempt to ignite the Seeker’s imagination, his curios jump to life one by one before his very eyes. What if by engaging our imagination and opening our minds we could unlock the door to a world of wonders?
Cabinets of curiosities are the ancestors of museums, also known as a cabinet of wonder in the Renaissance Europe. Aristocrats, members of the merchant class and early practitioners of science formed collections of historical relics, works of art or mysterious travel souvenirs or artifacts.
• 2/15 (Fri.) ~ 3/31 (Sun.)
• Fri.: 18:30, Sat. & Sun.: 11:30 & 15:30, Mon. ~ Thu.: 12:00 & 16:00 (*subject to change per date. Check the schedule before going.)
• Closed: 2/18 & 28, 3/6, 7, 14, 20 & 27
• Sun., Sat. & hol. shows: SS category ￥13,500, S category ￥11,000, A category (wheelchairs) ￥7,500 (Weekday shows are ￥1,000 off)
• Fukuoka Big Top (Hakozaki Shrine Gaien)
• 4-10-18 Maidashi, Higashi-ku, Fukuoka
• 092-718-3939 (Daihatsu Kurios Fukuoka ticket center inside Kyodo Nishi Nippon, Weekday: 10:00~19:00・Saturday: 10:00~17:00, closed Dec. 29 ~ Jan. 3)
Online ticket sales
Fuji TV Direct, Lawson Ticket, Ticket Pia, E Plus, Rakuten Ticket *seat selection offered
Ticket Pia shops: Hakata Station AMU EST & DEITOS, Canal City, Tickets Port Fukuoka in Parco, Izutsuya Kokura
7-Eleven: copy machine【P-code: 561-559】
Lawson / Ministop: Loppi【L-code: 86000】
Family Mart: Famiport
*Reception in Japanese only.
*Some seats have a partially obstructed view during parts of the show due to the stage equipment.
*The content of the show may be subject to change.