The Fukuoka Citizen’s Art Festival connects people, the community, and culture and art. The festival began in 1964 on the occasion of the Fukuoka Civic Auditorium’s opening. Over 100 diverse events are held throughout the city during the three months from October to December each year. The festival is where citizens showcase their cultural and artistic activities. At the same time, the open presentation space allows the public to come into close contact with culture and the arts.
On September 25, the physical comedy stage “Ketch Sketch” will be performed at the opening of Fukuoka Citizen’s Art Festival. The nonverbal comedy performance will be directed and performed by Ketch, a world-class entertainer living in Fukuoka who has created a whirlwind of silent comedy in 37 countries worldwide. The comedy performance brings energy and smiles to the audience by integrating various physical expressions such as mime, magic tricks, juggling, music, crowning, and improvisation to entertain the audience beyond language, culture, and age barriers.
Opening Event: Physical Comedy Stage “Ketch Sketch”
Physical Comedy Stage “Ketch Sketch”
• 9/25 (Sun.)
• Start 11:00 / 15:00 (doors open 45 mins before each show)
• Ticket (all seats reserved) : seats S ¥3,500, seats A ¥2,500, ¥1,000 discount for HS and younger, no admission for children under 4 y.o, ES and younger must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
• Namiki Hall, Higashi Citizen Center
• 4-21-45 Chihaya, Higashi-ku, Fukuoka (west side of Chihaya Sta.)
• 092-263-6265 (weekdays 9:30~17:00)
• Childcare service is available for those who register by Sep. 15 (4 months old to before entering ES, ¥500 per child, maximum capacity available). Application: Teno. Support 0120-8000-29 / 092-263-3580 (weekdays 9:00~18:00)
The ticket giveaway has ended. Thank you for applying.