Tucked away in the mountains which dominate Saga prefecture lies the village of Okawachiyama, where the wind resonates with the soft tones of furin (Japanese wind chimes made of glass). This summer, Okawachiyama is set to become the site of Kyushu’s premier furin festival, with a record 1,000 wind chimes adorning the shopfronts of various sellers around the village. The theme for this year is the five senses, so prepare for an all encompassing experience with a light up festival and a summer ceramics exhibition. Take some time this summer to feel the gentle breeze and find your favourite furin!
• 6/15 (Sat.) ~ 8/31 (Sat.)
• Wind chime on sale: 7/20 (Sat.) 16:00~ (limited stock)
• 9:00~17:00 (check the website for schedule of various events)
• Okawachiyama area, Imari City
• 1806 Okawachi-cho, Imari City, Saga
• English PDF for a walking tour of Okawachiyama