Mutsuo Yamaguchi (1942~2012) learned photography at Katayama Photo Studio in Daimyo. During his apprenticeship under Setsuzo Katayama to succeed the studio, he shot a series of portrayals of Fukuoka-based artists. The exhibition features the refined world of Mutsuo’s photography while introducing works of those artists who are taken in the photos. See them and disclose a hidden aspect of art history in Fukuoka.
• 11/30 (Sat.) ~ 1/26/2020 (Sun.)
• 10:00~18:00 (last entry: 17:30)
• Closed: Mon. (*if Mon. falls on a hol. the museum will be open and closed the next day), 12/28 ~ 1/4
• Adult: ¥210, HS & College: ¥140, ES & JHS: ¥60
• 4F Fukuoka Prefectural Museum of Art
• 5-2-1 Tenjin, Chuo-ku, Fukuoka
• 092-715-3551 (Fukuoka Prefectural Museum of Art)