Nagasaki celebrates its historical ties with China with 15,000 lanterns arranged in displays across the city, including lanterns in the shape of Chinese historical figures, zodiac animals and more. There will be eight venues in the center of the city, including Nagasaki Shinchi Chinatown, Minato Park, Chuo Park, and Kanko Dori Arcade. Street events such as the Dragon Dance and Emperor Parade will be held. The festival is rich in Chinese flavor, and can be enjoyed as a one-day trip from Fukuoka. Check the official website for venues and schedules before you go.
• 1/22 (Sun.) ~ 2/5 (Sun.)
• Lantern lighting hours: 17:00~22:00 *from 1/23, lights at Minato Park, Hamanmachi and Chuo Park venues will be turned on from 12:00 p.m.
• Light-up ceremony: 1/22 (Sun.) 18:00~
• Free entry (some paid facilities)
• Central Nagasaki City, Nagasaki (PDF Map)
• 095-822-8888 (Nagasaki City Call Center)