Try some strange and rare foods from Nichinan City (Miyazaki) in Fukuoka! Five restaurants in Fukuoka City will be cooking up Miyazaki “DDX” red pork, Miyazaki chicken, ostrich, and bonito as part as the “Nichinan Summer Festival” running until July 22 (Tuesday). Miyazaki “DDX” red pork differs from regular pork (which usually consists of more fat than lean) – its texture is almost crunchy! If you’re feeling tentative about eating ostrich, be rest assured that the meat is very nutritious, low in calories and has a mild flavor. Why not give it a try? More information: http://tenjinsite.jp/today/detail.php?hid=38979.
• 7/9 (Wed.) ~7/22 (Tue.)
• Miyazaki Naizu Dining Doremi, Kuei Building 1F, 2-3-18 Imaizumi, Chuo-ku, Fukuoka, 092-716-3666
• Yumesousai Gamushara, 3-11-30-1F (back) Yakuin, Chuo-ku, Fukuoka, 092-526-6689
• Tenjin Dining Mist, 1-3-6-201 Daimyo, Chuo-ku, Fukuoka , 092-724-6669
• Em’s Griller, 1-22-24-101 Takazuna, Chuo-ku, Fukuoka, 092-406-8969
• Hakata Torio, 5-108 Kamigawabatamachi, Hakata-ku, Fukuoka, 092-273-1360