Yuki Nishimoto, a rising star in the world of sumi-e ink painting, drew in 45,000 visitors for his first solo exhibition in Fukuoka last year. This year as part of his nationwide exhibition, 80 of his awe-inspiring works will be on display in Kitakyushu, including 20 new pieces of women in color and some framed in golden folding screens. Nishimoto combines bold, daring brush strokes with delicate, intricate touches to create dynamic depictions that cover everything from more traditional subject matters such as dragons and samurai warriors, to portrayals of contemporary figures including athletes and musicians. In cooperation with visual arts studio MontBlanc Pictures, some of Nishimoto’s works will be dynamically displayed via projection mapping. Don’t miss his live performance with an autograph session on Nov. 2 (Sat.).
Read our interview with Yuki Nishimoto (2017) – click here.
• 10/27 (Sun.) ~ 12/26 (Thu.)
• 10:00~18:00 (last entry: 17:30), Sat.: 10:00~19:30 (last entry: 19:00)
• Adult: ¥1,200, HS & college student: ¥800, JHS & below: ¥500
• Kitakyushu Municipal Museum of Art
• 5F Riverwalk Gallery, 1-1-1 Muro-machi, Kokurakita-ku, Kitakyushu City, Fukuoka
• 092-532-1111 (Fukuoka Broadcasting System, weekdays 9:30~17:00)