An exhibition of fifteen swords, including those dedicated to the god of Dazaifu Tenmangu shrine, is being held inside the Treasure Hall on the shrine’s premises. While swords originated as a traditional weapon, the skills of making these highly praised Japanese swords are considered a sophisticated culture unto themselves. Admire the beauty of these solemnly laid swords while learning of their respective backgrounds. Some of the swords are exhibited for only limited periods during the event.
Reproduced Large Sword “Hotaru-maru kageuchi”
Courtesy of Nitroplus Co., Ltd., Photo by Fujishiro Co., Ltd.
• 7/11 (Thu.) ~ 11/4 (Mon., hol.)
• 9:00~16:30 *last entry 16:00
• Closed: Mon. (open if hol. falls on Mon.
• Adult: ¥400, College and HS: ¥200, JHS and ES: ¥100
• Dazaifu Tenmangu Treasure Hall Exhibition Room #1
• 4-7-1 Saifu, Dazaifu City, Fukuoka
• 092-922-8551 (9:00~16:00)