The Economics of Happiness is a 2011 documentary produced by the International Society for Ecology and Culture; it features many voices from six continents calling for systemic economic change. The film’s director Helena Norberg-Hodge visits Fukuoka for the first time for this special two-day event. Day one (Jun. 6) includes a special screening of “The Economics of Happiness” (68 min.) followed by Helena Norberg-Hodge’s talk session. Day two (Jun. 7) is a symposium with Helena, including special film screenings, presentations by Takashi Nakamura (President, Windfarm co., Ltd), Kouki Tange (videographer) and Nonoko Kameyama (photographer), as well as a lecture and Q&A session by Helena. Note: The film is English with Japanese subtitles, and Helena’s seminar is in English too.
• 6/6 (Fri.) 18:30~20:45: Adult ¥2,000, Student ¥1,000 (Screening & Talk Session)
• 6/7 (Sat.) 12:30~14:40 : Adult: Adv. ¥1,500 / Door ¥2,000, Student ¥1,000 (Symposium)
• Seinan Gakuin University Community Center Hall
• 6-2-92 Nishijin, Sawara-ku, Fukuoka
• Advance ticket application: chisokulab★yahoo.co.jp (change “★”to”@”) / http://shiawaseno.peatix.com/view
• Contact: http://unitedpeople.jp/contact
• Official: http://www.shiawaseno.net