This festival celebrates the beautiful 1.2 km stretch of 260 Yanagisaka wax trees in the Toyoda area. The trees were planted by the Kurume Clan about 270 years ago in order to gather wax for lighting and are designated natural treasures of Fukuoka Prefecture. Browse for delicious local produce such as fruits, vegetables, honey made from wax tree flowers, as well as handicrafts made with wax tree materials against a backdrop that was selected as one of the country’s 100 most beautiful tree-lined boulevards.
• 11/16 (Sat.) ~ 12/1 (Sun.)
• Open to pedestrians: 11/16, 17, 23 & 24
• 11/23 (Sat.): mochitsuki, 11/24 (Sun.): persimmon seed throwing competition
• Free viewing
• Yanagisaka Sone no Hazenoki Namiki (Yanagisaka Wax Tree Lane)
• Yamamoto-machi Toyoda, Kurume City, Fukuoka