Nishijin Hatsuki began as a butcher shop in 1934, so they know their meat! Here, you can enjoy shabu shabu and sukiyaki made from Kyushu-bred kuroge wagyu beef and Kurobuta pork. The first floor features the long-standing butcher shop and char-grilled yakiniku. The second floor is dedicated to shabu shabu and sukiyaki, and the third floor is for hot pots. On the popular second floor, you can enjoy a shabu shabu pork lunch for ¥1,598, or if you’re in the mood for sheer luxury, try the kuroge wagyu beef shabu shabu for ¥3,240. You should make reservations from the homepage at least a three days in advance.
• Access: 7-minute walk from Nishijin Subway Sta.
• Seats: 52 (13 private rooms)
• Foreign language menus: English, Chinese, Korean
• Cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners, UnionPay, Shinhan
• BYOB: No
• Smoking section available
• Lunch budget: ¥1,566~
• Dinner budget: ¥3,240~
• Table charge: None
• WiFi: Available
Details accurate at time of publishing, but subject to change. First published in April, 2017.