Each month Fukuoka Now publishes information about good places to eat, shops, events for both visitors and residents. But did you know that we also pass on discounts and freebies! Here’s some from our August issue. Pick up a copy for FREE at any tourist information counter today.
Sunset Live 2018
Kyushu’s hottest outdoor music festival with 60+ artists and live bands for two days on the beach!
• Limited number of “special discount” tickets for Fukuoka Now readers! Click here to apply. Save ¥1,000 off each ticket!
Isla de Salsa
Fukuoka’s largest latin music festival brings together the top level Latin and Salsa musical talents from around the world to the sunny sands of Nokonoshima Island.
• During the festival, show the coupon on page 6 of the August issue of Fukuoka Now for one of the following (*not available for T.I. members):
1. ¥1,000 coupon for events at Tiempo or
2. ¥3,000 OFF for any of our regular courses or
3. A free Latin music CD
The only restaurant in Fukuoka to serve authentic Kobe Beef. Other brands of beef too – and a great view of the Nakasu river.
• Show ad on page 14 of Fukuoka Now August issue to order the Fukuoka Now Kobe Beef Set for just ¥5,400.
• Mention Fukuoka Now for 1 free drink per customer (14:00~17:00).
• 1F ATE Nishinakasu, 4-3 Nishi-nakasu, Chuo-ku
Harunobu from the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
This exhibition features 150 carefully selected works of renowned ukiyo-e artist Harunobu Suzuki, from the Boston Museum of Art. Until Aug. 26.
• ¥200 discount for overseas visitors and foreign residents (present your passport or ID). As introduced on page 7 of the August issue of Fukuoka Now.
• 3-1-1, Momochihama, Sawara-ku
Kyushu’s biggest nightclub and number one night spot.
• Add the official Line account of Grand Mirage to receive freebies and discounts. As introduced on page 19 of the August issue of Fukuoka Now.
• 1-17-16 Imaizumi, Chuo-ku
Authentic Irish pub in Gion-machi, Hakata.
• Fukuoka Now x Summer Discount: ¥250 for Kirin Ichiban Shibori and ¥320 for half pint of Guinness. Until Aug. 31 only! As introduced on page 14 of the August issue of Fukuoka Now.
• Extended happy hour for Fukuoka Now readers, until 8 p.m.! Ask staff for discounted menu. As introduced on page 14 of the August issue of Fukuoka Now.
• 3-4 Gion-machi, Hakata-ku
The Hakata Harp
Authentic Irish Pub located across from the Hotel New Otani.
• Show Fukuoka Now June issue or the ad on page 6 for 50% off your second drink! *2nd only, not 3rd! As introduced on page 14 of the August issue of Fukuoka Now.
• 1-1 Susaki-machi, Hakata-ku
Atsushi Miyake is an attorney-at-law based in Fukuoka City who speaks English fluently.
• Free legal consultation in English. As introduced on page 16 of the August issue of Fukuoka Now.
Fukuoka branch of nationwide department store located right in Hakata Station.
• Pick up a 5% shopping discount ticket. As introduced on page 13 of the August issue of Fukuoka Now.
• 1-1 Hakataeki-chuogai, Hakata-ku
Certified reseller of imported fine mechanical watches, one of the largest selections in Kyushu.
• Tax free for foreign tourists. As introduced on page 13 of the August issue of Fukuoka Now.
• 1F Il Cassetto Bldg., 1-2-5 Daimyo, Chuo-ku
Tax-free drug store with four locations in Fukuoka: Nishitetsu Tenjin-Kitaguchi, Watanabe-dori, Nakasu, and Nakasu-Kawabata.
• Enjoy 3% off discount + 8% tax free if your total purchase (incl. tax) is ¥10,000 ~ ¥29,999. As introduced on page 4 of the August issue of Fukuoka Now.
• Enjoy 6% off discount + 8% tax free if your total purchase (incl. tax) is ¥50,000 ~ ¥99,999. As introduced on page 4 of the August issue of Fukuoka Now.
Claiming discounts and free things:
The terms for these promotions vary. For some you only need to mention “Fukuoka Now”. For some you need to show the August issue of Fukuoka Now, and at some places showing the PDF on your phone will do. Pick up a copy of Fukuoka Now (print) or the PDF here:
Get the Fukuoka Now PDF for your phone or PC here
Get a FREE print copy of Fukuoka Now magazine
Tourist information counter in from of Mitsukoshi Dept. Store and next to Solaria Plaza
Tourist information counter in the center of ground floor of JR Hakata Station
Fukuoka Airport, most hotels, and many shops and restaurants.