This festival was first held in 2000 to commemorate the 400th anniversary of the Japan-Netherlands relations. Top tall ships from Japan and abroad gather in Nagasaki for this five-day event. Catch the arrival parade, watch a sailing drill performance, board towering tall ships, join a cruise of Nagasaki Port, or take a knot-tying class. The white sails against blue skies is a stunning sight, and the ships are illuminated in the evening.
• 4/18 (Thu.) ~ 4/22 (Mon.)
• Fireworks: 20:30~20:45, light up: ~22:00
• Free (*paid events in some areas)
• Nagasaki Port (Nagasaki Seaside Park & Nagasaki Dejima Wharf areas)
• 22-17 Tokiwa-machi, Nagasaki City, Nagasaki
All photos ©Nagasaki City