Sep. 24 ~ 30 is Tuberculosis Prevention Week
There are over 20,000 new tuberculosis patients every year in Japan and it affects not only the elderly but younger generations too. If diagnosed early, it can be cured; undiagnosed, untreated cases, however, can spread and even result in death. The main symptoms are coughing, fever, phlegm, phlegm with blood, chest pain, dullness, night sweats and weight loss. If you have had a cough for over two weeks or have any of the above symptoms, please get checked. Fukuoka City offers free chest X-ray examinations for students at Japanese language schools and their families, and people who entered Japan within the last five years and are yet to have been examined.
• 9/1 (Fri.) ~ 9/29 (Fri.) *Except Sat., Sun. and hol.
• Free (check up includes a chest X-ray examination)
• Fukuoka Tuberculosis Prevention Center
• 2-4-7 Daimyo, Chuo-ku
• Tel.: 092-761-5466 / Fax: 092-761-5467 (Fukuoka Tuberculosis Prevention Center)
• Advance appointments required