Enjoy a picnic under the cherry blossoms at the historic Fukuoka Castle Ruins, which boasts 19 varieties of over 1,000 sakura trees. There will also be 90 festival stalls selling tasty local treats. Check out the barbecue zone and street performances at Maizuru Park’s Nishi Hiroba too. The sakura along the castle walls and around Maizuru Park will be illuminated at night, with special light ups at the castle tower viewing deck, the Tamon turret and Otaka Yashiki Ruins. The blossoms are worth seeing both in the day and at night!
• 3/23 (Sat.) ~ 4/5 (Fri.) *Schedule subject to change due to blooming conditions
• 10:00~22:00 (light up: 18:00~22:00, last entry: 21:45)
• Free (special light-up area: one zone ¥300, three zones ¥600)
• Fukuoka Castle Ruins, Maizuru Park
• 1 Jonai, Chuo-ku, Fukuoka
• 092-711-4424 (weekdays only 10:00~17:00)