Jojima is one of Japan’s top sake-producing areas and is home to many sake breweries, nine of which will join the annual Jojima Sake Barrel Opening Festival. Enjoy sampling fresh sake, some of which is unique to the event, as well as food, drink, music and festivities! Free shuttle busses will run between each of the participating breweries.
Nishitetsu Trains! The easiest way to the Jojima Sake Barrel Opening Festival.
Get a ¥100 coupon for sake tasting at the main venue with purchase of a Jojima Sakagurabiraki Kinen Ticket between any Tenjin-Omuta Line Station and Mizuma Station.
• On sale 2/4 (Sat.) ~ 2/12 (Sun.) at all Nishitetsu Tenjin Omuta Line stations (except Mizuma Sta. and stations without staff)
• Tel: 0570-00-1010 (Nishitetsu Customer Center)
• Return ticket can be used on same or next day
Stalls selling tasty food and local products.
Roving bands of musicians performing outside the breweries.
People from around the world enjoying sake and nomi-nication!
• 2/11 (Sat.) ~ 2/12 (Sun.)
• 12 tickets for sake tasting (incl. sake cup): ¥600 (the number of tickets required per tasting varies)
• Main venue: Chomin no Mori
• 764 Jojima-machi Naratsu, Kurume
• Participating Breweries: Asahigiku, Ikekame, Chikushino no Homare, Hananotsuyu, Hiyokutsuru, Mannengame, Mizuhonishiki, Morinokura, Yukun
Originally published in Fukuoka Now Magazine (fn218, Feb. 2017)