Each year, hundreds of language learners from all over the world meet up at a different city to participate in the Polyglot Conference. This year the event will be held at Kyushu Sangyo University in Fukuoka City. It’s an opportunity to celebrate regional languages and cultures, as well as join in the UN’s initiative in the making 2019 the Year of Indigenous Languages. There will be workshops on language learning, language taster sessions, Japanese and other Asian cultural activities, as well as two days of presentations on topics related to language. The event is open to anyone interested in languages and their cultures.
Photo: Polyglot Conference Ljubljana, Slovenia 2018
Time Keeley and Richard Simcot, the organizers of the Polyglot Conference in Fukuoka featured in this BBC series, when BBC journalists attended the event last year in Ljubljana.
• 10/18 (Fri.) ~ 10/20 (Sun.)
• Open: 9:00, start: 10:00
• Tickets: adult €129, student/pensioner €119, one-day only €89
• Fukuoka Now readers’ discount: €99 OFF (Promo code: FukuokaNow)
• For reservations: http://PolyglotConference.com/Register/
• Kyushu Sangyo University
• 1 Matsukadai, Higashi-ku, Fukuoka