This exhibition of sapeurs provides insight into a unique fashion culture centered in the Republic of the Congo and the Democratic Republic of the Congo. The La Sape fashion movement, which has a history stretching back over 90 years, is characterized by bright colorful suits. People associated with the style, who are known as sapeurs, focus on a simple, peaceful ethos… “Let’s not fight and get our clothes dirty!” The exhibition features photographs by SAP CHANO, a leading expert in this area. Video recorded interviews will also also be on display inside the venue alongside La Sape-style suits and ties!
• 2/23 (Tue.,hol.) ~ 2/28 (Sun.)
• 9:30~17:30 (2/28: ~17:00)
• Fukuoka City Art Museum Gallery F
• 1-6 Ohori-koen, Chuo-ku, Fukuoka
• 3/25 (Thu.) ~ 3/30 (Tue.)
• 9:30~18:00 (Fri., Sat. ~ 20:00, 3/30: ~16:00)
• Closed: Wed.
• Fukuoka Asian Art Museum Gallery A
• 7F 3-1 Shimokawabata, Hakata-ku, Fukuoka
Note: The situation regarding the spread of the COVID-19 virus changes daily. Please follow local authorities’ advice by practicing social distancing, wearing masks, and following other recommended guidelines. By sharing information about events and places to go, Fukuoka Now is NOT encouraging unsafe practices. Practice safe behavior for yourself and others.