Well-known Itoshima artist-run gallery, studio and residency program Studio Kura will host an exhibition featuring the work of international artists. The artists are from Italy and Spain.
1. Sara Green “Life of spirits“
Sara Green is a Italian based artist operating in London. In 2022 she graduated from the MA Children’s Books and Graphic Novels at Middlesex University (London). Her focuses are with Japanese illustration, storytelling, folklore and textile together with research of yokai in Japan. Her work was inspired by esotercism, folklore, nature, and daily life. This series of illustrations highlights the deep relationship between spiritual practice, spirits, nature and daily life details in the area of Itoshima.
2. Carmen Soler “Hidden Creatures”
Exhibition style: Illustration
Carmen Soler is an illustrator from Spain specialized in children’s Illustration. Her technique is a mixture of traditional engraving and digital techniques. She has always been interested in mythological creatures and stories from different cultures, and that’s what she has been working on during her stay in Studio Kura.
• 6/25 (Sat.), 6/26 (Sun.)
• 11:00~18:00 *Artist talk: 6/25 (Sat.) 15:00~
* To prevent the spread of coronavirus, we ask visitors to use our hand sanitizer and their own facemask if possible to entry, thank you.
• Studio Kura
• 586 Nijo-masue, Itoshima City, Fukuoka