Fukuoka Prefecture announced new criteria to enact business restrictions to curtail the spread of the new coronavirus. Two stages were have been introduced in their COVID-19 control program, ‘Fukuoka Corona Warning,’
Fukuoka Corona Warning:
• Three-day average of new infections of over 100 per day and a seven-day increasing average.
• Occupancy rate of COVID-19 treatment beds of 15% or above
• Occupancy rate of hospital beds for COVID-19 critical care reaches 10% or above.
Fukuoka Corona Special Warning:
• Three-day average of new infections of over 180 per day and a seven-day increasing average.
• Occupancy rate of COVID-19 treatment beds reaches 30% or above
• Occupancy rate of hospital beds for COVID-19 critical care goes 20% or above.
Decisions to issue these two warnings fall on the above criteria and the opinions of each municipality and experts, and the infection rate of new COVID-19 variants. Both warnings will mean business regulations, including shorter shop hours at local eateries, large-scale shopping facilities, and more.
Photo by Fukuoka Now
Disclaimer: Fukuoka Now posts summaries of Kyushu area news for those who cannot read Japanese. These are mostly summaries of publicly posted news from the Japanese media. Errors might occur during translation, those are ours. Images are sourced separately and are for illustrative purposes only. Use this form to send feedback. Please share links to this page, it helps us.
English language Fukuoka & Kyushu local news summaries are posted here every day.
Or sign up for our free weekly newsletter with all the top stories in one convenient email.