Head to the north of Nokonoshima Island for a spectacle that is rivalled by few others: a field of 300,000 cosmos in full bloom. The island is just a 10-minute ferry ride from the Meinohama Ferry Passenger Terminal, and there is a frequent bus service running between the Nokonoshima Ferry Terminal and Nokonoshima Island Park. More details below, but for now here’s what you can expect to see:
1. Cosmos, lots of cosmos.
2. Pink cosmos, red cosmos and white ones, too.
3. The field overlooks the sea and Shikanoshima Island to the north.
4. It stretches on and on.
5. On Oct. 29 (Sat.) and Oct. 30 (Sun.) the park will be lit up past sunset until 20:30
6. On a clear day, the sunset from Noko is gorgeous..
7. As are the flowers.
8. The light-up is only on for one more weekend, don’t miss it!
• Light-up: 10/22 (Sat.), 10/23 (Sun.), 10/29 (Sat.), 10/30 (Sun.): 17:30~20:00
• Daily: 09:00 ~ 17:30 until mid/late November
• Adult: ¥1,000, ES and JHS: ¥500, 3 y.o. and older: ¥300
• Nokonoshima Island Park
• 1624 Noko, Nishi-ku
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/we.love.noko
Text & photos by Oscar Boyd for Fukuoka Now