Three terrific experiences this autumn in Yame!
English speaking guides at all these events.
Autumn Evening Tea Party
Sample award-winning Traditional Authentic Yame Gyokuro (tea) in a sophisticated setting with a variety of handmade Japanese confectionery while experts in these fields explain details and nuances.
• Oct. 20 (Sat.) 15:30~18:30
• Kiya Hoyuen Sabo Seisuian
• 4529-1 Hoshino-mura, Yame City
• ¥6,500 (incl. Yame tea & sweets set)
• 8-person limit
Hoshinoyaki Pottery – Genta Kiln Workshop
Learn to make pottery with the kiln’s chief potter who helped revive Hoshinoyaki. Your creation will be fired and delivered later (shipping excl.). Lunch at this kiln surrounded by beautiful nature included!
• Oct. 24 (Wed.) 10:00~15:00
• Hoshinoyaki Genta Gama
• 10471 Hoshino-mura, Yame City
• ¥5,000 (incl. 1 kg clay and lunch), shipping excl.
• 6-person limit
• Bring: apron, towel
Experience Making Yomogi Manju
Learn to make your own yomogi manju, a favorite sweet of Yabe. Then enjoy a seasonal lunch featuring shogun soba made with jidori dashi (free range chicken stock), mountain vegetable tempura, and salt-grilled yamame trout.
• Oct. 30 (Tue.) 10:30~13:30
• Somabito no Ie
• 9932 Kita-yabe, Yabe-mura, Yame City
• ¥3,000 (incl. lunch)
• 12-person limit
• Bring: apron, bandanna
Book these and 26 other experiences online now!