Happi coats and tenugui which were worn by the participants of past Oiyama races are on display at Hakata Machiya Folk Museum. Approximately 40 happi coats are on display, including the ones worn by the Uonomachi district (also known as Fukujin) during the Meiji period and by the Chiyo district during the Hakata old town era. Be sure to check out the Nishi Nagare kazariyama float in front of the exhibit, too.
• 6/26 (Tue.) ~ 7/22 (Sun.)
• 9:00~17:00 (last entry: 16:30)
• Adult: ¥200, JHS and under: free
• Hakata Machiya Folk Museum
• 6-10 Reisen-machi, Hakata-ku, Fukuoka