The image of Daruma had been predominantly instilled in our everyday life and culture not only because he was a great man who spread the valuable teachings of the Buddha, but also because his facial features were unique and impactful. His anecdotes also tell us that he was an extraordinary person indeed. Scary, but cute! This exhibition focuses on the uniqueness of Daruma, who is often described as “kowa-kawa” (scary but cute!), and to find out why people are attracted to him.
• 7/21 (Tue.) ~ 9/13 (Sun.)
• Closed: Mondays (Open if Monday falls on a national holiday)
• 9:30 ~ 17:30 (last entry: 17:00)
• Adult: ¥200, College & HS: ¥150, under JHS: free
• Fukuoka City Museum
• 3-1-1, Momochihama, Sawara-ku, Fukuoka