Speaking of the year 1964, you may recall the last Tokyo Olympic games. Actually, Fukuoka Prefectural Culture Center, the predecessor of Fukuoka Prefectural Museum of Art, was established in 1964, too. We look back at the culture of Fukuoka in 1964 with artworks and materials relating to the last Tokyo Olympics, and to the Fukuoka Prefectural Culture Center.
* Fukuoka Prefectural Museum of Art will be closed between 8/6 (Fri.) ~ 8/31 (Tue.) for reasons related to the pandemic.
• 7/23 (Fri., hol.) ~ 9/2 (Thu.)
• 10:00~18:00 (last entry 17:30)
• Closed: Mon. (open if hol., falls on Mon.)
• Adult ¥800, HS & College student ¥500, ES & JHS ¥300
• 4F Exhibition room, Fukuoka Prefectural Museum of Art
• 5-2-1 Tenjin, Chuo-ku, Fukuoka
Note: The situation regarding the spread of the COVID-19 virus changes daily. Please follow local authorities’ advice by practicing social distancing, wearing masks, and following other recommended guidelines. By sharing information about events and places to go, Fukuoka Now is NOT encouraging unsafe practices. Practice safe behavior for yourself and others.